The Student Room Group

I cracked.

:frown:

I dropped Higher Psychology today. I was just feeling so depressed as I had failed both two critical essays, a close reading and a practice NAB for chem...and I had psychology as a night class. I went down to my tutor, asked to drop it and she did. She was dissappointed in me, which only made me feel much better. :rolleyes:

I know this sounds more like a rant/"I'm depressed help me" thread but I'm looking for opinions. My psychology class is a nightclass; and I only had 3 hours p/w, so more self-study ontop of the other self study for all my other subs, as college is much more "what you put in is what you get"...so a lot of stress.

Luckily it doesn't affect my uni offers, but I've emailed them anyway.

Do you think this was a smart idea? I'm kinda upset that I'm not going to get my 5 Highers, but damn college almost makes it impossible. Soooo stressed out, I'm going to the doctors on wednesday :zomg:
I wouldn't beat yourself up about it; you don't need it for uni and you hated it. I have essentially dropped it too- just missed the first nab, the resit and the second nab. The place I want to do law at has not replied yet and if I get an offer it will be a one subject offer anyway. If I'm rejected I'll just do history at Aberdeen and graduate entry law at Edinburgh after so it's all good.
So anyway, it was stressing you out too much, you didn't need it nor like it so just chill and get on with getting amazing grades in your other subjects. I think it was the right thing to do for you if that helps at all.
Reply 2
LuhLah
:frown:

I dropped Higher Psychology today. I was just feeling so depressed as I had failed both two critical essays, a close reading and a practice NAB for chem...and I had psychology as a night class. I went down to my tutor, asked to drop it and she did. She was dissappointed in me, which only made me feel much better. :rolleyes:

I know this sounds more like a rant/"I'm depressed help me" thread but I'm looking for opinions. My psychology class is a nightclass; and I only had 3 hours p/w, so more self-study ontop of the other self study for all my other subs, as college is much more "what you put in is what you get"...so a lot of stress.

Luckily it doesn't affect my uni offers, but I've emailed them anyway.

Do you think this was a smart idea? I'm kinda upset that I'm not going to get my 5 Highers, but damn college almost makes it impossible. Soooo stressed out, I'm going to the doctors on wednesday :zomg:

Maybe a bit of a rash desicion but if you felt it was getting in the way, it was probably the right choice. Why did you only get 3 hours a week?
If they wasn't needed for uni, I'd have been tempted to either quietly fail or drop out anyway.
Reply 4
jackwka
Maybe a bit of a rash desicion but if you felt it was getting in the way, it was probably the right choice. Why did you only get 3 hours a week?

It was a night class at college. Fair enough, the lecturer is in MENSA and he's a dr in philsophy or something, but the course was just ****.
Reply 5
Thanks guys. And ya, I feel a lot more spaced out now (not high) and balanced. It'll be nice to relax on monday nights again :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending