The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Lincoln University, Web Development!

Whats up guys. Ive applied for Web Development in the universty of lincoln for september ( 2010). Has anyone been on the course or is looking at it ? Do they have lots of equipment and Stuff, and did you enjoy the course?

What is Lincoln Like? Ive heard mixed reviews so i would just want to know what its really like :P

Are the Women any good around there ? lol

If your going onto the Web Development Course Leave a litle comment and hopefully see you all in September!!!

:woo:
Reply 1
Hey,

Ive applied for that course starting in Sept 2010. Have you applied for the Mcomp or the BSC??

Tom
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Ahh Lush. Ive applied for the BSC :P

what about you man ?

Antony
Reply 3
Same Same :cool:

Any thoughts on accomodation???

Tom
Reply 4
Niceee :biggrin:

Not relly sure on what to go for atm. Brayford Quay looks good, but so does student village. ive sent them both off for 1st and 2nd priority.

What about you?

Ant
Reply 5
Is the Web Technologies course at Lincoln? I've applied for the MComp. Where else have you applied?
Reply 6
wellynelly
Is the Web Technologies course at Lincoln? I've applied for the MComp. Where else have you applied?

Yer its at the main brayford campus or whatever you want to call it.

Ive also applied for computer science at lincoln.

Anthill99

Not relly sure on what to go for atm. Brayford Quay looks good, but so does student village. ive sent them both off for 1st and 2nd priority.

What about you?

Im sending off student village as 1st and junxion as 2nd. Cant find the address to send the forms to though :s-smilie: any ideas??

Tom
Reply 7
I accidently clicked on this forum then decided to read it.
I'm doing the FdA in Journo in Sept & I'm staying in the student village.

I rang them earlier to get the address and it's...

Residential Services,
The Services Building,
Campus Way,
Brayford Campus,
University of Lincoln,
Lincoln LN6 7TS
Reply 8
Ah thanks. Saved me a phone call.

You would have thort a return envelope or summit would have been nice :smile:

Tom
Reply 9
Nicee. ive applied, Kent, Northampton, Wolverhampton for the same type of thing. I think this one looks best atm.

Would the student village be better for accomodation? i went in one of the show room thingys and it didnt look hugely appealing, but i take it the social life would be better?

Ant
Reply 10
Ive heard that the social at the student village is supposed to be good.

If your going into accomodation like Junxion or Pavillions then u apprently can't guarantee that ul be with all 1st years, so you could end up with you and a bunch of people in their last year. Im applying to student village mainly to guarantee being with the same age group.

r u going to the applicants open day on the 13th Feb?

Tom
Reply 11
Ahh coool i think courts and brayford Quay were my first ans second choice.

Yea hopefully will just need one of my parents to give me a lift ¬¬ lol.
so i'll hopefully see you about on the day :smile:

Antony
Reply 12
Yeh will do indeed.

Where abouts are you coming from then?

Tom
Reply 13
Suffolk, Bury St Edmunds :smile:
How about you dude?

I may not be able to make it now :<

Be sure to give me the heads up, yea? :wink:

Antony
Reply 14
Ah gutted, how comes?

Il let u know what goes on then if u like.

Im sure it wont be that interesting. :P

Tom
Reply 15
AHh parents are being awkward and cant give me a llift there :x

That will be sweer, just basic overview lol :P i wanna know really if they do graphics and media sort of stuff init.

ive been there once before and it looked pretty sweet, i forgot to ask questions though >.<

Antony
Reply 16
i can have a nosey if u like, im pretty sure they do have a good graphics setup there thou. from what ive heard anyways :smile:

Tom
Reply 17
Hey,

I'm a first year at Lincoln University studying CIS (Computer Information Systems) which involves a lot of the same modules as WebTech. Im in a house this year (late applicant last year get your accommodation application in EARLY the student Diggs go pretty fast!) As for accommodation it all really depends what you want.

There is The Pavilions which is the biggest student diggs but isnt university run. In my opinion that is the best atmosphere and theres always something going on, plus it has its own bar and shop on site. ALOT of first years end up here just, easily meet people by going across the corridor and bang on the door. Just take some booze!

Then there's Courts thats the student run accommodation. The atmosphere is great there too, although a big drawback I find is in the en-suit its like a wet room, the shower is only seperated from the rest of the bathroom by a curtain.

The Junxtion is by far the nicest looking accommodation and is pretty much ontop of the university (even though it is private) it has its own shop and bar also and is the closest student accommodation to the centre of town. But it does come at a hefty price.

Hayes Warf is a smaller accommodation further away from the university but still only about 5 minutes away. Also VERY secure in comparison to others.

Brayford quay is more aimed at 2nd year students in my opinion but is very nice and pretty much on the water front. A few yards from one of the biggest clubs too.

There are more such as Danes gate and Park Court but I strongly advise you try to get in ANYWHERE else before resorting to these places. They are out of town, away from other accommodation and generally not nice places.

And Anthill99 there are PLENTY of women to go around, I was told at my open day the ratio was about 3 men to every 5 women (focusing on what REALLY mattered with my questions) that increases when you take into account the other university at the top of the hill where the majority of students are female!

The Student Bar (the Tower Bar) is great and the club (the Engine Shed) often has BIG acts on, Dizzee Rascal in a few days!! Florence and the machine, lost prophets.

If you want anymore info just drop me an email.
Reply 18
Ahhh cheers calumdocs! that gave me alot of info!

Sounds bangin, what do you think of the university as a whole, and what about the computer facilities? are you enjoying your computer course?

Cheers buh

Ant
Reply 19
As a whole the campus is pretty small so getting from one place to another takes like 5 minutes at most. The university has pretty much any facility you need! 3 main computer rooms holding about 70 computers + in each room. One dedicated to Games computing with some rather good machines. The lecturers couldn't be better they're easy to approach and talk to about assignments and lectures, and like to have a laugh with the students too.

Hope that helps

Calum

Latest