The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Around two hours per day. However it does vary for each person.
Reply 61
2 hours a night for me depending. i just make notes on what we covered in the days lessons and then if that under an hour great but its taken me up to 3 hours before

ps. i study As level Biology
Reply 62
I'm not sure exactly how many hours I do, I work through most of my frees (except the ones at the end of the day when I can go home :p:) and most lunchtimes as well. I don't usually do anything much when I get home, unless I've got homework/exams, and when I've got spare time at college I do a bit of extra reading/learning verbs for spanish.

But then, I'm not doing your subjects, and I get the impression that for sciencey things you have more homework and less reading.
Reply 63
I asking this same question and have found i've had very immature answers from lazy people, as some are on here but I as you, are aiming for A's and was thinking to myself I will do four 45 minutes study periods each night (7days a week) which averages out at 21 hours of after school study a week.

Doing it in 45 min slots allows you to not get too over worked and gives you time to have a little break in between.

let me know what you think, I was wondering if i should so more or if this sounds enough for what you had in mind as well. :smile:
Reply 64
kerryyh194
I asking this same question and have found i've had very immature answers from lazy people, as some are on here but I as you, are aiming for A's and was thinking to myself I will do four 45 minutes study periods each night (7days a week) which averages out at 21 hours of after school study a week.

Doing it in 45 min slots allows you to not get too over worked and gives you time to have a little break in between.

let me know what you think, I was wondering if i should so more or if this sounds enough for what you had in mind as well. :smile:

I don't see the need. If you really need to do that much work to get As at A level, then you won't cope with the amount of work you have at unis of that level. Also, you will quite quickly burn out - you're effectively working all evening, every evening of the week. You need some relaxation time too!

I got all As at AS/A2 and went lots of evenings without work, and did very little more than the bare minimum to avoid being shouted at by teachers.

Latest