Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone used jrlinton electricals?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone has used these guys before?

They have some very low prices and it's a very slick site but i've never heard of them. Just wondering if they're legit or if i'm being fooled by some tricksters.

Cheers
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey jose,

ive used this site before, its legit, i purchased a laptop from them, it arrived the next day, very good customer service and communication.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks electrical expert. But now i'm wondering if you are actually MR JR Linton himself launching phase 2 of operation con jose by registering on a popular student website to answer queries such as these..

But i should probably put my tin hat away for a while.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    jr lintons are a joke i pay for a tv 2wks ago & still no closer to receiving it!dont use em they crap i shuda went 2 specsavers:-D
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    What is it that you actually want to buy? Have you tried using Google Shopping to compare prices to see if anyone does it for a lower price? (Whatever it is that you're looking for)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jose)
    Thanks electrical expert. But now i'm wondering if you are actually MR JR Linton himself launching phase 2 of operation con jose by registering on a popular student website to answer queries such as these..

But i should probably put my tin hat away for a while.
    This made me laugh.

I'd say better safe than sorry, try Amazon

They're far less likely to register on student forums and fuel our conspiracies
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    As far as I can tell, these guys seem legitimate. Their website includes a postal address and registered company/VAT number (link). Although the address seems to be a residential building on Google Maps, it may simply be a mistake on Google's behalf (there's an office building right next door). The website also has an SSL certificate (from Equifax), which is something most scam sites do not employ, mainly due to the cost of obtaining a verified certificate.

Might be worth searching online to see if you can find any independent review sites that mention them, but from what I can tell, you should be safe.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    As far as I can tell, these guys seem legitimate. Their website includes a postal address and registered company/VAT number (link). Although the address seems to be a residential building on Google Maps, it may simply be a mistake on Google's behalf (there's an office building right next door). The website also has an SSL certificate (from Equifax), which is something most scam sites do not employ, mainly due to the cost of obtaining a verified certificate.

Might be worth searching online to see if you can find any independent review sites that mention them, but from what I can tell, you should be safe.
    Ahhhh the errors made when trusting Google maps!!
    The house you point to is number 13, next door are flats not offices. Number 7 is 3 houses the other way ... it is a very nice big house indeed ...
    I lived fairly close by for a number of years and had a friend who lived just past there
    backing on to Elmwood Park....

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 29, 2011
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.