The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Tinsley
I did dreadful. Resit for me, AGAIN..!

So many things aren't in the spec but we have to know, like sea horses :frown:

I was literally just telling my mum what a joke that sea horse stuff was.
I mean i thought only kangaroos had a pouch? :P
I am adamant i did worse that my D last time and that was without any revision at all!
couldn't do that measuring q cos only had cm ruler.
and supposedly you had to times by 3 for the base thing lol ooops.
Reply 21
that protein question...OH WOW

also, any chance somebody does a markscheme? like in maths?
Reply 22
Tinsley
Blood plasma, not that I put it lol

hahaha i won't even tell you what i put :smile:
those examiners are gonna have such a laugh at my paper.
I said that the sea horses were safe in the pouch.
LOL

I said they were safe too! Hahaha thats so funny - its like i knew what to say in my head but i couldnt actually write it :s-smilie: why did they measure there head and not there body?

Pahhh complete fail!!
DId u also notice that they put that magnification question in at the front? Well im 100% that thats in the unit 1 biology spec and not unit 2 - we shud complain!
Reply 24
protein question? was that 4 marks
what did you guys put for that stomata question? the one how you could measure how many stomata there r or something?
Reply 26
magnification is in biol1. it took me quite long to catch on about the whole optical microscope - thin situation.
besides that how did the pore ole student check stomata by cm2?
Reply 27
It is in Unit 1 but they expect us to know unit 1 as well probs :frown:

I think the seahorses is cos you can hurt them by trying to measure their curved body..?
Reply 28
I thought it wasnt tooo bad some questions were in the older legacy past papers 'physiology and transport/ core prinicpals.'
Reply 29
i really dont know why they measured the head. im gonna look it up.
Reply 30
unit 2 aqa is just bull:shifty:
what was the biodiversity?!??! value!!!!!???

the dissociation curve can be right as well cause on top it was written that people in high altitudes have more red blood cell so it can cancel out the high affinity and ......
Reply 32
Thought it went okay, made some really stupid mistakes though on like the one mark questions.

What did everyone put for the bit about tissue fluid and a lack of protein?
Reply 33
cate1809
Thought it went okay, made some really stupid mistakes though on like the one mark questions.

ugghh this q was mean.
did not have a clue
Reply 34
FayeFayeFaye
LOL

I said they were safe too! Hahaha thats so funny - its like i knew what to say in my head but i couldnt actually write it :s-smilie: why did they measure there head and not there body?

Pahhh complete fail!!
DId u also notice that they put that magnification question in at the front? Well im 100% that thats in the unit 1 biology spec and not unit 2 - we shud complain!

Lol, me three, said they were safe in the pouch and more protected hahaha. Those type of questions are so annoying! They're always completely hit or miss.

Agreed on the magnification question, was it the whole MOT equation? Think i managed to get it...
cate1809

I think your meant to talk about omososis and low protein conc means high water potential in capillary so tissue fluid moves out by osmosis or something like that
Reply 36
oh pressure filtration, why didnt they say so.
i knew all about that
Im still in shock with how hard it was to be honest. I spent agess learning about plants, DNA replication, etc and none of it came up... You know for the 6marker at the end, did u write about Dna hydribisation? Like you wud heat there dna, then the more similar the more simlar the base sequences = more hydrogen bonds, then more closely related?
I thought i got that but i dont think its right.. :s-smilie:

And i think ur right about that.. Im dredding unit 4 biology next monday seeming as i cannot do AS
Reply 38
Aeon Prince
I think your meant to talk about omososis and low protein conc means high water potential in capillary so tissue fluid moves out by osmosis or something like that

Ahhh that's reassuring, think i put something along those lines, said something like the concentration of other substances in the capillary will be greater and so they'll move by osmosis.

I'm trying to remember other questions but my mind seems to have blocked it all out lol
FayeFayeFaye
Im still in shock with how hard it was to be honest. I spent agess learning about plants, DNA replication, etc and none of it came up... You know for the 6marker at the end, did u write about Dna hydribisation? Like you wud heat there dna, then the more similar the more simlar the base sequences = more hydrogen bonds, then more closely related?
I thought i got that but i dont think its right.. :s-smilie:

And i think ur right about that.. Im dredding unit 4 biology next monday seeming as i cannot do AS

I wrote about comparing similarities in amino acid sequences first of a protein. And then i talked about dna hybridisation

Latest

Trending

Trending