The Student Room Group

What is your general opinion on boys with and ear piercing?

Basically I was thinking of getting my left ear pierced in the summer before I go uni. I was just wondering if people assume that a boy is a chav when they see that he's got an earring, like a small stud.

Do you think it will affect people's initial opinion of me when I start uni?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry, but everytime I see a boy with his ear pierced I automatically think chav. My cousin had one done and he just looked like an idiot.
Don't put a "diamond" stud in if you do get it pierced :mmm:

I think rings look ok though.
The only save bet is to get those dangly earings, just to make you look manly :wink:
I think they look alright on the right person, obviously if you don't dress like a chav then it can look HOTTT.
Never met one I've go on to like. They don't exactly add to mans appeal
only if you hang a teabag from it
As long as you don't put one of those horrible holes in your ear it shouldn't be too bad. Plus, if you don't like it or you get mocked for it etc you can always take it out. Just make sure you don't dress like a chav though. And I think one side says you're straight and another says you're gay? Maybe just get both done to make sure you don't get the wrong side pierced :biggrin: lol
Reply 8
Not a fan personally. Just screams chav to me I'm afraid...
Yeah, nice, just don't wear a 'diamond' stud :facepalm:
But a ring, or black stud, or plug, mmm yeah =)
Reply 10
I don't really like just plain piercings, they look kind of tacky. I love stretched ears, on the other hand.
tinywings
I don't really like just plain piercings, they look kind of tacky. I love stretched ears, on the other hand.
This.

Yeah, I'd think chav.
Reply 12
Or you could keep your pride intact and not get it done at all.
Reply 13
The left ear is the straight side, the right ear is the gay side.

Personally, I think just one ear pierced is a bit 90's and a bit chavy, the only ear piercings that look decent on a guy are both at the same time, either studs, or plugs, but with plugs the hole doesn't go away after a certain diameter, 3mm I think, so if you want them out later on in life, your stuck with big ass holes in your ears.

Get both ears pierced and use studs, if you fancy plugs, try the fake ones (which are studs) first to see how you like them before you actually start stretching your ears, and stay away from diamond studs, they ARE chavy.
Guy with ear piercing. HOT as ****
Guy with two ears pierced? Just no.
Reply 15
That you will turn 30/40 and look really silly. It's easy saying you could let it heal over, but then you have little holes left in your ear for the rest of your life
Sorry, guys with piercings are a massive no-no for me. You should only pierce them if you're 100% sure that's what you want. And the fact that you're asking on a forum would say that's a no.
I want my eyebrow piecred
hmm i'd probably only like it if both were done (and there were no diamonds involved), but i do love boys with the top or side of their ear pierced or their tragus or something. that would be hot.
Reply 18
I reckon you should pierce both and stretch them=].
pointless unless pirate.

Latest