The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
No, I only give charity to causes personal to me or my family.
Joy Division
That's not the point though is it? If you live your life by that principle then you'd be quite a horrible person. Sorry. :frown:

:hide:
I'm not saying that's the point. I didn't say I wouldn't donate - if I pass a collection tin I'd give a few quid but I'd never donate out of a bank account to anything.

It was merely a question of if something on that scale happened to us, whathelp would we get? Nothing to do with Haiti and what's happened to them.

I'm not a horrible person, I think it's quite judgmental for saying that when there are plenty of people on here saying they couldn't give a ****.
d123
That's a fair point, but as a country (I know many people in this country are living in relative poverty, but I'm talking overall) we are fairly well off. We could probably afford to rebuild without as much foreign aid. For Haiti, there's no way they could do any rebuilding work without aid.
Well compared to most countries we are stupidly rich. However, there are somethings that money can't help. In Haiti, it's not a case of rebuilding just yet, it's helping people. Would we get the same amount of help? Hopefully we'll never have to find out but it's something to think about.
I will be donating tomorrow! School is having a donation day tomorrow and tuesday. If we donate, we get to wear our hats in school. It'll annoy a good few teachers of mines.
I did also contribute $1 towards Bungie's fundraising by changing my emblem on Halo 3 to a white circle and red love heart. :smile:
Why should I? Haiti didn't give me **** when London got bombed. I want a laptop.
Reply 265
No but only because I don't even like paying for any destruction that I personally caused never mind a hurricane halfway around the world.
Reply 266
Only a pound.
:frown:

And I thought it was for Prom.Was very pleased when it turned out to be for Haiti though,a much better cause :biggrin:

Latest