The Student Room Group

Small lump on knee cap

I've got a small (less than a cm) round lump kind of thing under the skin sort of "sitting" on my knee cap. It's not painful, hasn't changed shape/size at all, doesn't feel like it's attached to anything and hasn't caused me any problems.

Any idea what it could be?

I'll get it checked out if anything changes, but it's been there a while and hasn't caused a problem... I'd just like to know what it might be!
you've got osgood schlatters disease.. i have it too..just see your gp immediately..it doesnt hurt yes, but for someone like me who did a lot of sport..it limits how much you can do..
Reply 2
^^Yeh I was going to say Osgood Schlatters
As the above poster said, it sounds like osgood schlatters disease. Usually it doesn't pose much of a problem, but in some extreme cases it can be pretty painful so go and see your doctor :yep:
Reply 4
my friend has one, he calls it a third knee but i does not bother him
Reply 5
It doesn't really sound like the same thing :s-smilie: Just googled it and the symptoms don't really match. Mine isn't painful and it is right on the centre of the knee cap, not below.
Reply 6
Meeee :)
It doesn't really sound like the same thing :s-smilie: Just googled it and the symptoms don't really match. Mine isn't painful and it is right on the centre of the knee cap, not below.

Is it tendinitis or calcium deposits from the ligaments or tendon?
It sounds nothing like Osgood Schlatters.

Much more likely to be a seb cyst.

Ignore posters 2,3 and 4.

If you are worried see your GP. Otherwise wait and see if it goes.

Jamie
Reply 8
Meeee :)
I've got a small (less than a cm) round lump kind of thing under the skin sort of "sitting" on my knee cap. It's not painful, hasn't changed shape/size at all, doesn't feel like it's attached to anything and hasn't caused me any problems.

Any idea what it could be?

I'll get it checked out if anything changes, but it's been there a while and hasn't caused a problem... I'd just like to know what it might be!

Everyone's been saying Osgood, but I don't think it is, maybe it's a build up of fluid? I'd just recommend going getting it check out, might be a cyst :smile:. Osgood is generally 'below' the knee cap as far as I'm aware. whereas you said it's 'on' your knee and I'd say Osgood is most definately painful. :|

Latest