The Student Room Group

Anyone had an offer, below their usual entry requirements?

Just out of curiousity, has anyone else here had an offer from a University, but their conditions have been LESS than what the typical offer was stated as, on their Website/UCAS?

For example in my case, one of my Uni's (listed below) had a typical offer for my course set at 280 points (BBC!), but I ended up getting an offer through UCAS for only 220 points! (CCD!).

So I was of course over the moon!
Anyone else had a situation like this?
Reply 1
A friend of mine got an offer of AAB or ABBB from Nottingham for Economics, if I remember correctly, and the usual requirements are AAA/AABB :smile:
I got an unconditional place at a University in Plymouth with ABD when they asked for BBB. I do already have my grades though, so it probably works differently.
Reply 3
A friend got an offer for AAB from nottingham for biomed. This was apparently then later changed to a BBC, for no apparent reason =D
Reply 4
Mr predicted grades were BBCe (300 points) ..Got an conditional offer from Brunel for Biomedical science who wanted 320 points. Also got an interview and a laboratory exercise at Royal Holloway who wanted ABB! Conditional from Oxford Brookes too but i met their requirements.

Still waiting from St Georges, thats my first choice :frown:
Reply 5
I got an offer from RHUL who normally offer ABB but i got BBC.
Reply 6
I got an Unconditional Offer from the Uni of Bham (i'm a post A Level Candidate) and i got ABC and the offer for that course was ABB.
Reply 7
i know someone at my school who got yes w8 for it... and offer for 2 EE's at cambridge to study medicine!!!!!! he was an exceptionally bright chap and a rare exception though

Latest

Trending

Trending