The Student Room Group

MSc Physiotherapy (pre-reg) Sep 2010/ Jan 2011 Applicants

How this thread hasn’t already been started is beyond me! This is for anyone who is applying to the MSc Physiotherapy (pre-reg) course for September/October 2010 or January/Feb 2011 entry.

How is the application process going for everyone? What degree you did, where you worked, where you’re applying to, offers, rejections etc this is the place to share and ask any questions to your fellow applicants.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just applied for Msc pre- registration interview coming up....any useful tips please from anyone who's had one.
hey how's it going. where have you got your interview?

i've had a couple so far, the questions are quite similar to those for the BSc course. why physio, why this Uni, physio qualities, work experience...

is this your first one?
Reply 3
Hey,

I know this thread hasn't really been used for a while but you're right, there doesn't seem to be alot about for us MSc Physio applicants. How've the applications/ responses gone? I've some how managed to get 3 offers, Southampton, Leeds met and Northumbria, don't have a clue which to go for though! I'm also abit confused about the whole accomodation situation! x
Reply 4
Hey ive also applied to a couple of universities and the course start in march 2011.
Ive got my first interview in a couple of weeks at UEA and im sooo nervous, but im also awaiting a reply from Brighton university too, so hoping and praying I get an interview there too.

How are the interviews for those who have had theres? How where the questions you got asked.

Good luck to all MSc Physio applicants

Liz :biggrin: :smile:
Reply 5
Just spotted this!! Would like to add that I'm actually on the MSc pre-reg Physio course at Uni of Essex, just coming to the end of my first year. I'm more than happy to answer questions.
Good luck everyone!!
Reply 6
Hey, would love to get in to physio pre reg course anywhere in britain...i hav BSc. Hons undergrad from ireland...a 2.2. I think my 2.2 is a major drawback as im finding it super hard to even get an interview. Any advice is appreciated :frown: x
Reply 7
Hi djk, just wondered what questions maybe asked in the interview process if possible as im so nervous.
Also irish lass I know what you mean about the 2:2 situation as ive also got a 2:2 in sport science am worried that it will be rejection after rejection, but try and stay positive as I am trying to about the interview have and I have my fingers crossed about the others :smile: x
Reply 8
Can you please all quote me if you'd like a reply please or I don't tend to see it!!
lazylizzo- my interview was mainly more of a chat- why physio, why essex, what qualities did I think would make me a good physio, bad qualities and how to overcome them, a talk through some of the stuff in my PS. Definitely read through the CSP website, have a very good idea of the variety of things that physio's do. Also a good idea to be aware of healthcare initiatives e.g. Move for Life, and maybe a couple of policies, although most of them have just been scrapped by the new government. Where is your interview?
I had a 2.2 and managed to get on a course, so don't worry guys, it can be done!
Reply 9
Hey Guys,

Im just after accepting a place in Mancester Met, I was wondering does anyone know anything about this Uni and its MSc for physio?? Would love to get some feedback. Thanks :smile:
Hey people, I had an interview at MMU for the msc physio pre-reg in june. Still not heard back, I've sent them many e-mails to which non have been responded to. My friend who had the interview on the same day got accepted a week later. Should I just give up and accept that it is just their cruel way of being rejected?
Reply 11
Hey,

I had interviews in RGU, teesside uni, and northumbria! I just got put on the reserve list for teesside but ive accepted a place in northumbria!! so if anyone else has accepted, please let me know!!!
Reply 12
Hey,

I have been accepted for the (pre-registration) Physio course at the University of Birmingham. Starting in January. Anyone else?
Reply 13
Hey,
I am due to start Essex uni MSc course in about 2 weeks... cant wait to get going! I got an offer from southampton, but thought they were useless and so unorganised. I was on the reserve list at birmingham, which was a shame as loved that uni! UEA offered me a place, but chose essex as earlier start date and course structure sounded much better! Good luck everyone!
Reply 14
hi everyone! im going to glasgow caledonian university for msc pre reg physio! im comming from canada.. the school seems to be super slow in terms of correspondence and replying emails..

anyone going to caledonian???
Reply 15
Steps32
Hey,
I am due to start Essex uni MSc course in about 2 weeks... cant wait to get going! I got an offer from southampton, but thought they were useless and so unorganised. I was on the reserve list at birmingham, which was a shame as loved that uni! UEA offered me a place, but chose essex as earlier start date and course structure sounded much better! Good luck everyone!

Good luck with your course- Essex is a really nice department and the lecturers are awesome. I've really enjoyed my time there so far! If you have any questions just shout, and I might see you around soon!
Reply 16
Hi guys,

i am also considering applying for MSc Physiotherapy (pre registration)

I see some of you go to have secured a place there and some of you already go there.

I have to be honest , I have been on the website and even though i am sure that the facilities are great (or so i keep hearing) i am not sure about the student community ( or the lack of it to be precise)?? :confused:

I really like the course but i have to also keep in mind that i will be there for 2 years of my life, so i was hoping you guys could shed some light on this for me?

Many thanks!:yes:
Reply 17
hibsology
Hi guys,

i am also considering applying for MSc Physiotherapy (pre registration)

I see some of you go to have secured a place there and some of you already go there.

I have to be honest , I have been on the website and even though i am sure that the facilities are great (or so i keep hearing) i am not sure about the student community ( or the lack of it to be precise)?? :confused:

I really like the course but i have to also keep in mind that i will be there for 2 years of my life, so i was hoping you guys could shed some light on this for me?

Many thanks!:yes:

Are you talking about Essex in particular or any other university?
In regards to Essex, it can be a little difficult as a mature student to mix with all the 18 year old freshers- for a start the course is pretty intensive, so after 9-5 lectures you really do have to go home and study! But there are tons of soctieties to join and everyone is really welcoming. And wherever you have thousands of students put together, there is going to be a fun student community feeling.
In regards to the course, as there are only 30 of us in a cohort we all are very close- we go out all together as a class at least once a term (would be more than this, but a lot of people live quite far away). The people who live in Colchester go out together almost every weekend.
Reply 18
djk_99
Are you talking about Essex in particular or any other university?
In regards to Essex, it can be a little difficult as a mature student to mix with all the 18 year old freshers- for a start the course is pretty intensive, so after 9-5 lectures you really do have to go home and study! But there are tons of soctieties to join and everyone is really welcoming. And wherever you have thousands of students put together, there is going to be a fun student community feeling.
In regards to the course, as there are only 30 of us in a cohort we all are very close- we go out all together as a class at least once a term (would be more than this, but a lot of people live quite far away). The people who live in Colchester go out together almost every weekend.

Hi DJK,

Yes I was referring to The University of Essex. Sorry know I should have proof read my message before submitting it :smile:
The course seems great, Essex sounds nice enough as well.
You said that that the course is quite intensive. Do any of you have a part time job alongside their course? Obviously I understand that spare time may be rare with lectures ,study and clinical work but I was hoping I could still keep my weekend job.. What do you think?

Thanks again :smile:
Reply 19
hibsology
Hi DJK,

Yes I was referring to The University of Essex. Sorry know I should have proof read my message before submitting it :smile:
The course seems great, Essex sounds nice enough as well.
You said that that the course is quite intensive. Do any of you have a part time job alongside their course? Obviously I understand that spare time may be rare with lectures ,study and clinical work but I was hoping I could still keep my weekend job.. What do you think?

Thanks again :smile:

Some people on my course have a job, it's split about half and half. Most of those that work are already qualified in sports therapy and do some work for local football teams or local disabled children, so it's a bit of a chance to practice physio skills. Some have temp jobs, or in local bars.
It is possible to have a part time job, but it really depends how much time you need to study. If you know anatomy and physiology really well then you'll be fine, if you need to spend 2+ hours a night learning it like I did then you may have to think again!
You are eligble for a career and development loan, a lot of people on my course have them, so check them out.
Hope that helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending