The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
kayn
im not sure at the moment , all my friends found it hard , i have all my awnsers on paper , ill type them up in a moment.

:smile: I thought it was tricky!

But thats a good thing :cool:
Reply 21
i've asked this question already in study help, but since its more related here whats the exact value for cos x when 8cos x cosec^2 x = 3
I thought it was okay, I answered eveything (hopefully right), except the first question which I messed up, how embarrasing :colondollar: Other than that there was some tricky bits which were nice once you had done them, I could see where people would struggle though (seeing as this is my second attempt :p:)
Reply 23
It was quite hard. Harder than all the past papers.

But if everyone found it hard then its alrite... :smile:

X
Reply 24
How did everyone find the Mei C3 paper today??
Bhav_Singh
It was quite hard. Harder than all the past papers.

But if everyone found it hard then its alrite... :smile:

X

Especially if you do fairly well, as the grade boundaries will be lower :yy:
Reply 26
JumpingJonny
I thought it was okay, I answered eveything (hopefully right), except the first question which I messed up, how embarrasing :colondollar: Other than that there was some tricky bits which were nice once you had done them, I could see where people would struggle though (seeing as this is my second attempt :p:)

I agree :smile: It was great working out the tricky parts!

Did you screw up on the f''(x) question? :p:
Reply 27
How did everyone find the MEI C3 paper today??
Reply 28
I was ill, so it might just be because my brain wasn't working... but did anyone else find this paper quite a bit harder than every past paper?

I got 95-100% on the Jun05-Jun09 past papers but I think I messed this one up :frown:.
josh_a_y
I agree :smile: It was great working out the tricky parts!

Did you screw up on the f''(x) question? :p:

I did it but I am not sure if what I did was right :s-smilie: I equated the top line of the fraction of f''(x) to 0 to get a value of X. Then I subbed this value of X into f'(x) to get a new value of f'(x) as my answer. Not sure if that is right though :dontknow:
Reply 30
i did absolutely awful - it was pure evil
I found it alright, some of it was tricky but that made it more satisfying when you got an answer!
not bad you?
JumpingJonny
I did it but I am not sure if what I did was right :s-smilie: I equated the top line of the fraction of f''(x) to 0 to get a value of X. Then I subbed this value of X into f'(x) to get a new value of f'(x) as my answer. Not sure if that is right though :dontknow:

Did you get 2root3 /3 or something like that?

I found that really hard.

Also, was the integration in q8 between O and P or P and Q. I and half my class did O and P but some did P and Q?
Reply 34
LOL OI, i dont think we're allowed to discuss until 4.30am :s-smilie:
i didnt think it was too hard,

just hated that composite functions proof question, but other than that i could manage most the q's. hopefully ive done alright.

took me a while to get the cosy - sinx question ( how nice of them to give a hint lol, never seen that before) :smile:
Hippysnake
Did you get 2root3 /3 or something like that?

I found that really hard.

Also, was the integration in q8 between O and P or P and Q. I and half my class did O and P but some did P and Q?

I think so can't really remember but it sounds familiar, and it was between O and P I believe.
MEI, not Edexcel. ^^

Found it really hard.
Was the integration between O and P or P and Q?
Reply 38
the exam was pretty hard, question 9 was a bit annoying with drawing the graph of the inverse function. some parts were hard some were fairly easy:biggrin:
JumpingJonny
I think so can't really remember but it sounds familiar, and it was between O and P I believe.

What proof did you give for the composite function question?

I said something along the lines of if one function is even, it is divisible by 2, and any other function applied to it will also be divisible by 2....?

Latest

Trending

Trending