The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Self Catered Accommadation Help!

Im starting Uni in september and I'm pretty sure Nottingham is going to be my first choice. I really wanted to go selfcatered, but I am a bit worried because it seems quite far from University park campus, although I wouldn't mind getting a bus. Has any one stayed at any of the self catered housing and can tell me what they think? Were they very social, because I got the impression some of the accommadation was aimed at couples (Broadgate park?) but I thought Raleigh Park looked nice... Basically would I be better off just being catered on University Park? Oh and finally, what about the accommadation that is shared between nottingham and trent? I thought that sounded fun...Thanks!
Reply 1
Broadgate Park is very close to campus. Slightly further than halls but still it's no inconvenience. It's massive and certainly not specifically aimed at couples. Raleigh Park and SPC are quite far away but I believe there's a free shuttle bus to get you to and from campus.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
BGP isn't aimed for the couple, they have like 2000+ students there.
The room ranged from single-room, en-suite, large en-suite and studios and some flats. (prob more)
It seems to be the most popular choice for people who want to go self-catered and have lectures in University Park.

I only ever stayed at the en-suite one and they are pretty good but small. About 15 mins walk to the university park, I think (depends how fast you are walking).

SPC is on the other side of Jubilee Campus about 25 mins walking to Jubilee Campus, there is a shuttle bus.
The rooms are en-suite, some can be shared with 3 people and some with 6 or 7 (not quite sure) but it's cheaper than BGP.
This is the one that shared between Nott and Trent.

Raleigh Park has no en-suite, I believe.

There is also another one called Riverside, it is managed by Unite; the same one as SPC.
It's slightly more expensive than SPC but closer to Jubilee.

If none of these are to your liking, there's always other companies like Opal1 etc.
But I've heard they aren't very good, not too sure how true that is though.

Hope that help in some way.
Reply 3
Thanks, that's really helpful... And whats the social life like/type of people at Broadgate?
Reply 4
I expect them to be a variety lol
There can't be just one type of people there :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending