The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Reputation of halls!!

I know in most uni's there's always a hall known for it's hardcore partiers and very sociable people and a hall that basically embodies the opposite.

So is there any particular hall in Bristol that has a rep, as I said, for the very sociable, clubbing every night, lots of hall parties thing?

And any that are known for being pretty boring?

Scroll to see replies

Hehe i dunno- i would like to know this 2..
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
licensedX
Medic 2010
clubbing every night
lots of hall parties

Major props if you manage to pull that off and still finish your degree!
licensedX
I know in most uni's there's always a hall known for it's hardcore partiers and very sociable people and a hall that basically embodies the opposite.

So is there any particular hall in Bristol that has a rep, as I said, for the very sociable, clubbing every night, lots of hall parties thing?

And any that are known for being pretty boring?

Hoping to get a Bristol place?

as far as I know none of the halls have a boring//ravey reputation.

you can't even apply to bristol accom til summer so aren't you thinking a bit ahead of yourself?
Reply 4
Depends what type of people move into your halls really wherever you go! Just because of what it was like in past years doesn't mean you're going to get put with a group of loud sociable people.. It will always be a mixture and based entirely on luck. There's nothing you can do about it but choose where you would feel most comfortable staying and hope for the best!
Reply 5
I'm guessing the Stoke Bishop Halls will be the most sociable as they have the most students? :dontknow:

I imagine not getting into a Hall at all would be a bit boring, but there's the Fry Haldane (or something like that) society which puts on social events especially for those people.
Reply 6
riiight.
Major props if you manage to pull that off and still finish your degree!

ill be trying :smile:
Reply 7
I'm probabily alone in that I want a boring hall!
Reply 8
rainbowbex
Hoping to get a Bristol place?

as far as I know none of the halls have a boring//ravey reputation.

you can't even apply to bristol accom til summer so aren't you thinking a bit ahead of yourself?

yeah....u know what they say, "those who think ahead get the best halls"....comeon dude there must be sum whisperings about a particularly awesome hall with a bunch of drunk loonies..coz I want to be there!!!
Reply 9
Wills Hall is for the posh kids.
The halls change year on year depending on the people who are there. True story. When I arrived at Durdham last year (2 years ago?) it had the reputation of the quiet hall but there were always people going out / flat gatherings / parties happening.

As the above poster has said, the only thing that stays the same is that Wills Hall always houses the posh / rich kids.
Reply 11
I don't know what teenagers expect from Halls ROFL!!

Put it this way, if your thinking American Pie, think again LOL !!
All the halls are hugely social.
Hiatt baker is the biggest, looks ****, is decent
Badock is the equivalent with tennis courts
Wills is for rich rahs but is pretty
Churchill is worse than Wills, havent met a single nice churchill person in my 3 years at bristol
Durdam has en suite rooms but looks like an old peoples home
i could go on, but every hall is social, every hall has club nights every night, every hall has alcoholics and nerds, and social retards and superficial girls
there are no reputations unless the distinction is how up yourself you are
Its all about the people in the halls anyway, you could have halls that are really social one year and then the next the opposite, so i dont think you can say that x halls is better then y halls, as its more about the people then anything. I found this (even though im not at Bristol).
Reply 14
Come to Loughborough for halls madness
university hall, you'll love it

the money you save each week for it being cheaper, you can spend on drinks:awesome:
atheistwithfaith
The halls change year on year depending on the people who are there. True story. When I arrived at Durdham last year (2 years ago?) it had the reputation of the quiet hall but there were always people going out / flat gatherings / parties happening.

As the above poster has said, the only thing that stays the same is that Wills Hall always houses the posh / rich kids.

everyone knows churchill is just as bad. And tbh, I'm suprised clifton hill house/unite aren't worse, esp as they are more expensive!
alexsheppard11
university hall, you'll love it

the money you save each week for it being cheaper, you can spend on drinks:awesome:

UH is AWESOME.

POVERTY HALL!!! XD
rainbowbex
UH is AWESOME.

POVERTY HALL!!! XD

block 13-24 is best:p:
licensedX
yeah....u know what they say, "those who think ahead get the best halls"....comeon dude there must be sum whisperings about a particularly awesome hall with a bunch of drunk loonies..coz I want to be there!!!

tbh, your attitude makes you sound like a bit of a dick..

No offence... but there is no point thinking about it til you have an offer, because otherwise its a waste of thinking space.

and every hall is diverse.. ofc you do seem to be missing the fundamental point - you intend to go to uni to learn to be doctor, fail, and you will get kicked out. Partying does not count as an extenuating circumstance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending