Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Social Work - Teesside/Northumbria

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So, has anyone applied for Social Work at Teesside or Northumbria? Or is anyone doing this course at the minute?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview at Teeside on wednesday and already heard back saying that I have a place I also applied to Northumbria but got declined without having an interview. From what ive heard both are really good courses. Have you applied to both of them?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh well done. What did they ask in your interview?
    I applied to both but haven't heard back from Teesside yet, got an interview for Northumbria on 8th Feb.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well done on the interview at Northumbria!
    They didn't ask me very much about anything I had written about on my personal statement. They asked me why I wanted to study social work, who give a social worker the authority to apply court orders etc, during my experience where did I feel social workers hadn't done their job properly, what values and knowledge a social worker needs. I found the interview experience quite daunting their interviewing style didn't put me at any ease but now thinking back this may just have been to see how you cope under pressure. At the end they said that I lacked enough social work knowledge and if they offered me a place what would I do to improve this. But I must have said something good because they offered me a place within 24 hours I thought the department and the uni were both really nice but didn't really like Middlesbrough... but I think I will be living in Newcastle with my boyfriend so it doesn't really matter. Where else have you applied? Do you know which one you want to do?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jeeze, that sounds really daunting. Congratulations though. Do you have much work experience?
    My interview is gonna last all day apparently. Group interview, written task and an individual. To say I'm scared would be an understatement.
    I've just applied for those two and Sunderland, although I really don't want to go there. I'm a bit stuck cos I want to do the Teesside course but really want to be living in Newcastle, so it'll be a hard decision if I get offers from both! Although I'm not getting my hopes up.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 5697)
    What you said.
    Congrats on the offer :five:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missdee)
    Jeeze, that sounds really daunting. Congratulations though. Do you have much work experience?
    My interview is gonna last all day apparently. Group interview, written task and an individual. To say I'm scared would be an understatement.
    I've just applied for those two and Sunderland, although I really don't want to go there. I'm a bit stuck cos I want to do the Teesside course but really want to be living in Newcastle, so it'll be a hard decision if I get offers from both! Although I'm not getting my hopes up.
    Yeah a fair bit. Well atm I work full time in a residential home for the elderly and go to sixth form 4 hours a week to do another A level. So its pretty full on. Don't be scared! Just be yourself and try and relax... they want to see how you cope under pressure so do your best to be you I also applied to Sunderland and ive got an interview on the 19th of Feb and Carlisle in March which I don't really want to. I thought the uni was nice but I dunno how easy it will be getting the train to Middlesbrough from town Newcastle everyday and the cost. And im also a bit worried where the placements will be. Do you know if you get any choice for placements?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ Mandy ~)
    Congrats on the offer :five:
    Thankyou Im absolutly chuffed
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 5697)
    Yeah a fair bit. Well atm I work full time in a residential home for the elderly and go to sixth form 4 hours a week to do another A level. So its pretty full on. Don't be scared! Just be yourself and try and relax... they want to see how you cope under pressure so do your best to be you I also applied to Sunderland and ive got an interview on the 19th of Feb and Carlisle in March which I don't really want to. I thought the uni was nice but I dunno how easy it will be getting the train to Middlesbrough from town Newcastle everyday and the cost. And im also a bit worried where the placements will be. Do you know if you get any choice for placements?
    The uni will take it into account if you don't drive, or if you don't live near the uni. They may have potential placements near where you live, but there's no guarantee.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ Mandy ~)
    The uni will take it into account if you don't drive, or if you don't live near the uni. They may have potential placements near where you live, but there's no guarantee.
    Thats quite good Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I have an interview at Teesside on 18 Feb 10 and at Northumbria in March.....excited and nervous at the same time! Dont really know what to expect....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billingham bird)
    Hi everyone, I have an interview at Teesside on 18 Feb 10 and at Northumbria in March.....excited and nervous at the same time! Dont really know what to expect....
    Good luck.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody that was at the 18 Feb 10 interviews at Teesside heard anything?? Just curious, as I have been to other interviews who have said there is a 6 week wait, but I have been unsuccessful and they informed within 24/48 hours.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Teesside are telling everybody it's a 6 week wait
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billingham bird)
    Has anybody that was at the 18 Feb 10 interviews at Teesside heard anything?? Just curious, as I have been to other interviews who have said there is a 6 week wait, but I have been unsuccessful and they informed within 24/48 hours.
    Yeah ive spoken to people at my other interview and they said that they wouldnt hear back until April
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to both of you, I shall just have to wait

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 17, 2010
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.