The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

The freedom society

Hey guys - this is a message mostly to people already at Exeter, and if anyone is hoping to come next year this would be something to look out for then.

Basically a friend of mine and I are trying to set up a new society, and we need 25 members for it to start as an official society - membership will only be £3.50.

It's called 'the freedom society' and it's a political society, which is a university branch of the libertarian think tank "the freedom association" who advocate withdrawal from the EU, who campaigned with NO2ID and so on. You can google them to see what they're about if you haven't heard of them. They have many prominent members such as Daniel Hannan.

So if there are any Exeter libertarians or Thatcherites around then let me know, and I'll get in touch with you!

p.s. I don't want this to actually decend into a debate about the merits of libertarianism or anything, that's best left for d&d.
Urge to post... fading... fading... fading -- rising! Fading... fading...
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Be interested to see if this gets started. Think libertarianism is pretty stupid but I'd love to come along to your events / debates.

Latest

Trending

Trending