The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
I've just done a library search and they have Austen - C Floor Blue Zone.

Northanger Abbey / Jane Austen. YHK.A9
Pride and prejudice / by Jane Austen. YHK.A9

Etc...

I don't think I've seen a fiction section though. I assume the classics etc are in with the English lit books. :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
C floor blue section is english yes. Ive been up in he english section for my OH, and there were a few books that i wouldn mind reading.
Like Atonement - Mcewan. Terry Pratchett Discworld and catch 22 etc. Theres loads. Just go to C floor Blue section and look around.
There's not much, trust me, i've tried! But, yeah, have a wander around C floor blue... it's all very mixed up up there (the time I have spent searching!!!) but there is some stuff. You'll find the Jane Austens of the world, brontes, lots of poetry. Stuff written by members of the Creative Writing department, or well-known graduates (think Sarah Waters) is pretty likely to be there too!
The selection of books really sucks, i wish they'll put more money into buying books rather than on pointless things like the friggin learning zone.

I've been here for 3 years and I don't think the library has improve much at all....

I want to read business books that are not academics but all they seem to have are textbooks, and more textbooks... the books are all outdated as well....
verticalforce
The selection of books really sucks, i wish they'll put more money into buying books rather than on pointless things like the friggin learning zone.

I've been here for 3 years and I don't think the library has improve much at all....

I want to read business books that are not academics but all they seem to have are textbooks, and more textbooks... the books are all outdated as well....

I agree... instead of the learnign zone, I think they should have put the moeny into renovating and improving, maybe extending the library, and extending the opening hours. Perhaps adding a large groupwork room to mee the use of the learning zone, since lack of groupwork space was a major problem.
Reply 6
Glad I’m not the only one who thinks the learning zone was a waste of money. Methinks it’s just a new shiny front for the uni, to lure newcomers in at open days.

They could have at least put more printers in there... Actually they could have spread some of that money around different departments, or maybe they could have given students something useful, like printer credit.

While the library isn’t bad, it could definitely do with some improvement.
The coding system is rather irritating, with silly letter/number extensions (YMCA3e.6 <R> ) that leave you wandering around the library like a geriatric in a supermarket.
*grumble grumble*

P.S. Good luck with finding some interesting fiction to read. :o:
El Nombre
Glad I&#8217;m not the only one who thinks the learning zone was a waste of money. Methinks it&#8217;s just a new shiny front for the uni, to lure newcomers in at open days.

They could have at least put more printers in there... Actually they could have spread some of that money around different departments, or maybe they could have given students something useful, like printer credit.

While the library isn&#8217;t bad, it could definitely do with some improvement.
The coding system is rather irritating, with silly letter/number extensions (YMCA3e.6 <R> ) that leave you wandering around the library like a geriatric in a supermarket.
*grumble grumble*

P.S. Good luck with finding some interesting fiction to read. :o:

It's a big room with lotsof different types of chairs in it... does it matter what the chair looks like, so long as it works? no one actually seems to see the point of the thing... although it is a good place to eat lunch.
Teao the Cat
It's a big room with lotsof different types of chairs in it... does it matter what the chair looks like, so long as it works? no one actually seems to see the point of the thing... although it is a good place to eat lunch.

OOoooohhh you can eat in learning zone?

Dammit, I've been sitting outside in the cold for weeks eating my sandwiches... :woo:
I've found that college TV rooms are a good eating place too - my friend and I always have ours in the Furness one with something classy on like This Morning or Top Gear on Dave lol. :smile:
Reply 10
college tv rooms? There are some?
ponpon14
college tv rooms? There are some?

Lonsdale has a lovely one. Don't think Bowland had one though... shame...
Closest in Bowland is the JCR, if you ask the Porters they'll sometimes let you watch Sky TV on the projector there. Has been used to watch superBowls and movies at JCR run events too.

Latest