The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 1
Househunter should be released next monday or at leased some time during next week... i already foudn my place for september :biggrin:
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
Tom251nd
I am looking for houses etc for year 2. I was wondering if anyone has any resources I could use to find houses? Also I heard the University has links to landlords, is this true and if so could someone tell me which channels I’d have to go through. Many thanks.

Tom

I used a website provided by the University that only had University-approved landlords on. I think it was called 'staffordshire student housing' or something, I've completely forgot, sorry!

You basically sort it out all yourself. You ring up the landlord, ask if it's available, ask to see it then sign the contracts.

Should be interesting to see if 'Househunter' is any better than the other pile of crap!
Reply 3
sounds like you're walking through a time warp
Reply 4
I need to find another place *sigh*

Really cant be arsed with it all though. Especially i'm gonna be living with a bunch of guys again..

Who else is looking?!
Reply 5
ur still gonna be here in september chris? how come
Reply 6
Me and the john are still looking :frown:
Reply 7
Wiggler
ur still gonna be here in september chris? how come

Well i'm gonna be applying for jobs so I can move for it by Sept, but as a backup I need to find somewhere here as I need to leave here unfortunately, as I really like this room!

Just don't wanna go through the process again of trying to find one though :frown:
Reply 8
ah cool. I'll be at 52 lister :smile:
Reply 9
Looks like I'm in halls next year...downside of being priority for halls is the fact that your flatmate goes 'its ok for you you have somewhere to live blah blah blah' and bugger off looking for a house that can't fit you in. Bad times. :frown:

What happens to 2nd years in halls? Do we get put together or are we put in with first years? Anyone got experience of this?
Reply 10
My mate is a second yearer in Halls and he lives with all first years. If you speak nicely to accomodation, they will let you have a bit of say on where you want to be.
Reply 11

My mate is a second yearer in Halls and he lives with all first years. If you speak nicely to accomodation, they will let you have a bit of say on where you want to be.

Thanks very much. :smile:
Reply 12
k9ruby
What happens to 2nd years in halls? Do we get put together or are we put in with first years? Anyone got experience of this?

yeah u jsut get bundled in with random freshers again :smile:
Reply 13
Wiggler
yeah u jsut get bundled in with random freshers again :smile:

Fair enough :smile: I could be really nice, or I could do what one of my flatmates said and scare them all, and say all the rest of my flatmate's aren't here anymore, having had their corpses buried under the university floorboards for failing their ISD tests (Which, incidentally, the pass mark will be 90% *wink**cough*).

Or is that a bit evil? :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending