Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Portsmouth FAQ

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!

yes it's normal to be asked about your GCSE's grades and proof. I'm in my second year now and last year they asked for photocopies to be sent it to prove you got the grades you said you did on your UCAS. Also as far as I'm aware yes your college/sixth form can change your reference I remember in my year it happening to someone and their offer being withdrawn but i would talk to your personal tutor about this before results and confirmation in August.

xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep I had to send in copies of all my qualifications a couple of months back...took me a while to dig them all up too. :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone recieved a timetable for their first year?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm going to end up going Portsmouth this year. I got sent a little piece of card, with 4 different accommodation options on, in the post the other day. I think the Langstone flats would be best my first choice but I was wondering how far it is going to be from my lectures. I'm terribly late for everything in life so I don't want to be too far away. I'll be studying Computer Science if that makes any differents. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by o22)
    I think I'm going to end up going Portsmouth this year. I got sent a little piece of card, with 4 different accommodation options on, in the post the other day. I think the Langstone flats would be best my first choice but I was wondering how far it is going to be from my lectures. I'm terribly late for everything in life so I don't want to be too far away. I'll be studying Computer Science if that makes any differents. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
    I'm planning to go to Langstone too, I've been told throughout it's about 20 mins on the bus from the Uni buildings.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by o22)
    For Comp Sci and based on your "terribly late" for everything issue.. James Watson would be the best bet as it's literally only a few roads away from where all your lectures will take place. So takes like 5 minutes or less to get to uni in the mornings...langstone is great (so ive heard)...but you do need a bus to get there and back etc.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Langstone is a nice area but it really is out of reach of anything worth doing. Nothing is close to it. The main beaches, gunwarf, down town shops/clubs, albert road. All these things are ages away. If your in guildhall accomm its a little easier to be spontaneous because your no more than 15mins away from everything
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conniebee)
    I'm planning to go to Langstone too, I've been told throughout it's about 20 mins on the bus from the Uni buildings.
    The Langstone bus runs up until just gone midnight to the uni buildings and takes like 15 mins, maybe 20.

Walking is a bit of a mish ... Albert road is about 10/15 mins, Commerical road around 30 and gunwharf around 40. Asda around 20.

It is a little bit out of the way but when you have the bus it doesnt make any difference and you do have an awesome time!

PS. the 3am cab home only costs around £5 - EASILY worth it!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bean1e)
    The Langstone bus runs up until just gone midnight to the uni buildings and takes like 15 mins, maybe 20.

Walking is a bit of a mish ... Albert road is about 10/15 mins, Commerical road around 30 and gunwharf around 40. Asda around 20.

It is a little bit out of the way but when you have the bus it doesnt make any difference and you do have an awesome time!

PS. the 3am cab home only costs around £5 - EASILY worth it!
    I know. I was there last year
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    If I get an offer I'll probably firm portsmouth. What accomodation is nearest to the school or earth and environmental science?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    In in James Watson halls this year. Anyone one who has previously lived in halls know what they provide??? As in kitchen appliances and other things. Wondering if I need an iron, kettle toaster etc etc.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    It says the course starts on the 16th September, which is the start of freshers week. Is this when we enroll and get our ID cards etc ?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: August 16, 2013
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.