The Student Room Group

Can't motivate myself to revise

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm the same it started at gcse I wudnt revise till night before and I was fine! But last year I scraped As in history and physics 83 and 85 but no I still procrastinated to the max :frown:

Also I can't revise for an exam I'd I have another one first! I.e bio exam Monday so I'm revisin but I haven't looked at physics yet and it's Thursday!

Best thing to do, go to the library one where u don't know anyone and have some coffee it's the only way to escape distracions :frown:
Reply 21
Malsy
NOTHING

This is what you'll amount to if you don't do well in your exams.
I feel like this. It's like, I know I SHOULD be doing work, but whenever I sit down to do it I just feel so tired, and it gets pointless because I know that nothing would actually go into my head.
I have been like this since I was about 14, and it's driving me mad. But, somehow, I've got to uni!
Reply 23
rickytickle
No I'm doing aqa geog and ocr economics. Good luck all the same!

yeah ive got aqa geog too on tuesday.. are you doing the cycling in guildford one?
how the hell are we sposed to revise for it? its such a weird exam.. and i have lost all motivation after my C3 exam
tell me about it OP. i have literally been moaning ALL day about how i'm going to fail all my exams yet I can get revising. Just had a sh**ty chem reset the other day, and it looks like no matter how hard i work for chemistry, it ends up going down the trash.:facepalm:
I feel a bit like you. Although my exams are over now :smile: Re-sits for deffo! Bad times :frown:
Reply 26
Linweth
This is what you'll amount to if you don't do well in your exams.

Thank you...that's great but....i still won't bloody work:mad:
Reply 27
FrancesO
:rofl: That's brilliant.

OP, have you got any acceptance letters from unis yet? You could do the above AND put an acceptance letter up too - both the carrot and the stick.

I have been accepted by Newcastle, Liverpool and Cardiff. :woo: But i have been rejected by Exeter :frown: which was my first choice. It hasn't really helped my lack of motivation.
Reply 28
trollman
I'm the same it started at gcse I wudnt revise till night before and I was fine! But last year I scraped As in history and physics 83 and 85 but no I still procrastinated to the max :frown:

Also I can't revise for an exam I'd I have another one first! I.e bio exam Monday so I'm revisin but I haven't looked at physics yet and it's Thursday!

Best thing to do, go to the library one where u don't know anyone and have some coffee it's the only way to escape distracions :frown:

I know! I find it impossible to make myself revise for an exam when i have another one beforehand. I just cant! And i have checked my summer exams and i have my main 3 on the 28th, 29th and 30th June :confused:
Reply 29
woopwoop:)
I know! I find it impossible to make myself revise for an exam when i have another one beforehand. I just cant! And i have checked my summer exams and i have my main 3 on the 28th, 29th and 30th June :confused:

I feel exactly the same way. I have an exam on Wednesday and one on Thursday and I couldn't even think of revising for the Thursday one before the Wednesday one is out the way!

:frown:
Offers definitely help... although in my case they have made me worse as I have a low offer from Hull Business School.
Reply 31
Story of my life :P I have two unconditionals, so I have no motivation whatsoever.
Reply 32
Yeah same, need to get 'the fear' before i start cramming like mad and that usually motivates my work but for these January modules i've been weirdly calm..which is freaking me out, and yes phen i totally agree, have a friend who when does badly goes uhh coulda got an a in that. annoys me beyond belief i want to shake her and say well you've got no excuse..YOU DIDNT DO ENOUGH WORK!
Imangine allll the work you have to revise, seeing it all in my head usually scares me, also think about opening your results and doing awful and imagine getting rejected from the uni of your choice due to bad results :smile:
Good luck OP, go and revise!
Reply 34
crazyness
It will kick in, I woke up today and it finally sunk
' I NEED TO REVISE OR ELSE I WILL FAIL MY BIOLOGY AND HISTORY EXAM'.

I keep getting distracted though, so much to learn and exam is on mon and thursday.

3 down 2 to go.

Are you by any chance doing Edexcel Biology Unit 4 (new spec)?
Reply 35
my_anon

hey, i am...im guessing you are....do you know if we need gram staining? in topic 6?

please help :smile:
Reply 36
If nobody replies to this thread, OP will not need to check for new posts, I guess the OP is procrastinating like the vast majority of us...

Also, it helps greatly to disconnect your internet.
Reply 37
my_anon

no old spec- don't think many people are sitting this exam.

Good luck for yours.
Ive got serious cramming to do:frown:
Reply 38
Doober123
hey, i am...im guessing you are....do you know if we need gram staining? in topic 6?

please help :smile:

I won't be a partical question, but you need to know that its one of the ways to classify bacteria (other than shape, respiratory requirments etc) and maybe explain why gram negative bacteria turn red (With safranine). Hope this helps!
BTW, do you have any notes on Global warming or How science works (those are the only topics i have covered).
Reply 39
my_anon
I won't be a partical question, but you need to know that its one of the ways to classify bacteria (other than shape, respiratory requirments etc) and maybe explain why gram negative bacteria turn red (With safranine). Hope this helps!
BTW, do you have any notes on Global warming or How science works (those are the only topics i have covered).

thaaank you thats soo good :smile: yay
yeah i have some notes on global warming...do u not have the textbook? or cgp revision guide? all the stuffs in there
OOH do u reckon there will be a lot of graphy stuff? cuz we did the sample material and there was so :s haha

Quick Reply

Latest