The Student Room Group

Fieldwork and Research Techniques (Edexcel Unit 2)

Would anyone be able to list me the fieldwork and research techniques used in extreme weather and rebranding along with the limitations of each. Happy to rep each helpful answer. Thanks :smile:.
Reply 1
Small123
Would anyone be able to list me the fieldwork and research techniques used in extreme weather and rebranding along with the limitations of each. Happy to rep each helpful answer. Thanks :smile:.

Ok well i know the answers for the rebranding side but extreme weather i dont as i do coasts.
Just a note excuse my spelling!
Fieldwork:
* Field notes, files sketches, photographs, extended interviews, focus groups, questionnaires, pedestrian count, retail/shopping quality assessments, litter survey, graffiti assessments.
Research:
* Use of interent to research geo-demographic data, socio-economic profiles obtained from cencus/national statistics. Geo-identity help with place identity. Flicker, Voa website to further purse shopping quality.

Note the sampling techniques used such as stratified/random/systematic, No. of people used relates to questinnaired, Pilot survey - format questionnaires.

Also Quality surveys have been pre-valibrated/customised to improve their reliability. always make relevant discription to Uk and if possible overseas - fieldwork.

Limitations:
* When collecting date always provie postcode of an area as some may be generalised having large sptial areas resulting to reliability issues, use a wide range of website to collect research information such as census, local authoirties data which may be mopre reliable and detailed. Wider range of photos, as if you take them yourself can easily show good or gad spots of an area to suit your hypotheses.
* photographs should be annotated to improve visual appeal when presenting fieldwork and research, When taking tables from places like census/upmystreet.co.uk produce them into graphs showing more meaning easily trends can be made, annotation and highlightying of cerrtain texts/data would make it more meaningful.

I hope that helps anything else quote me and I'm here. ive got my exam 2morrow, i know quite alot of information.
Reply 2
Original post by Sad3k
Ok well i know the answers for the rebranding side but extreme weather i dont as i do coasts.
Just a note excuse my spelling!
Fieldwork:
* Field notes, files sketches, photographs, extended interviews, focus groups, questionnaires, pedestrian count, retail/shopping quality assessments, litter survey, graffiti assessments.
Research:
* Use of interent to research geo-demographic data, socio-economic profiles obtained from cencus/national statistics. Geo-identity help with place identity. Flicker, Voa website to further purse shopping quality.

Note the sampling techniques used such as stratified/random/systematic, No. of people used relates to questinnaired, Pilot survey - format questionnaires.

Also Quality surveys have been pre-valibrated/customised to improve their reliability. always make relevant discription to Uk and if possible overseas - fieldwork.

Limitations:
* When collecting date always provie postcode of an area as some may be generalised having large sptial areas resulting to reliability issues, use a wide range of website to collect research information such as census, local authoirties data which may be mopre reliable and detailed. Wider range of photos, as if you take them yourself can easily show good or gad spots of an area to suit your hypotheses.
* photographs should be annotated to improve visual appeal when presenting fieldwork and research, When taking tables from places like census/upmystreet.co.uk produce them into graphs showing more meaning easily trends can be made, annotation and highlightying of cerrtain texts/data would make it more meaningful.

I hope that helps anything else quote me and I'm here. ive got my exam 2morrow, i know quite alot of information.

Hey thanks for that information it's helped me a lot. I'm still a little confused and wondered if you could help me out?

if it asks us to describe field work and research we would use imguessing we dont talk about results unless it specifies and also do we just describe 3-4 research techniques saying what they are and how they can be used and 3-4 fieldwork techniques by saying what they are and how they can be used?
Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending