The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

james bailie, oxley or clarence dock?

so im looking at the accomodation and cant decide they all look really nice! i might not be able to go up again to have a look at the accomodation so im just wondering what you think of the accomodation
i like the idea of having a gym...but want a sociable halls where theres ideally a lot of people! and how far really is oxley from the campus? i like the idea of having accomodation separate from the uni but is it too far? how long would it take on bike?
anything else you might want to share as well?
Reply 1
I am also considering James Baillie, it looks really nice and seems to have a real student feeling. However, I don't know how much does it take to walk to campus, as I don't fancy spending my money on bus rides. In the brouchure, it's said that it's only about 20 minutes away from campus...Oxley looks wonderful, but for me it's too far away.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
In my opinion, Oxley is too far away. It's further than Headingley centre which takes, if I remember corretly, about 40/45 minutes to walk to from university. Some of my friends live in Bodington which is a bit further than Oxley and apparently it takes anywhere between 45-90 minutes on the bus during rush hour. I have never visited Oxley though as I only know one person who lives there so I couldn't really tell you anything about the accommodation itself.

James Baillie was one of my options when I was choosing. It really is only about a 20 minute walk from university and it was one of the more sociable halls. However, it doesn't have a gym but with being only a short walk from uni I'm sure you could just join the gym at campus instead.

Clarence Dock is situated in a lovely area of the city centre, where it is very modern with a small tesco, restuarants and some shops nearby. It's about a half an hour walk through the city centre to university or you can get the bus which stops outside halls. It too seems to be quite social.

Latest