Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official How I Met Your Mother Society...

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: who have been your favourite extras in season funf(thats 5 btw)
    Lilly's stripper lookalike :coma:
    19.25%
    mabel the barrel...:moon: memories
    9.81%
    Shinya, the random dude in robin 101
    9.43%
    The real sexless inkeeper(the fat ugly woman)
    5.28%
    Phil,the downstairs neighbour of Barney..12B from the bagpipes episode
    3.02%
    the Scuba diver
    15.47%
    The legend that is lilly's dad..in a toy making way not a abandoning father way
    7.17%
    Maggie the fittie in 'the window'
    6.79%
    Captain underpants, aka Don (robins newspartner)
    11.70%
    Jenkins
    15.09%
    The fat kid who initiates 'but umm' in Jenkins
    16.23%
    Cuk poo..ahahaha
    18.87%
    Everyone involved in the musical in 'Girls Vs Suits'
    36.98%

• 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    what a **** episode. cant believe i actually got excited.

they need to stop with ruining barney. its evident theyre setting him up for a major heartbreak
    Lol what? If anything it's becoming painfully obvious that the beginning of season 6 is to do with Barney's wedding with Karma.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    This episode was just bad. Very few funny moments, even Barney was just boring. And the Robin... thing (no spoilers) was just ridiculous. They could've at least come up with something more realistic. It was a pain to watch this episode. :/
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    This episode was just bad. Very few funny moments, even Barney was just boring. And the Robin... thing (no spoilers) was just ridiculous. They could've at least come up with something more realistic. It was a pain to watch this episode. :/
    Yeah, and people don't suddenly become cult heroes by successfully landing a helicopter. Though it may help people to take note since she is on national television.

Meh I dunno, was a weird episode anyway.
    • 25 followers

Don't really know how anyone could rate this show anymore tbh. At the beginning of this season things really started to look up but now, its all a bit ****
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    The last episode was better but still, not nearly as good as the first half of the season.

Spoiler:
    Show
    And the Ted and Robin thing is pissing me off. I thought he was finally over her and then bam! Out of nowhere, classic Schmosby, I love you Robin. Seriously dude, just get over her already!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This season has been destroyed by its schedule. Something like breaks of 4 weeks, four breaks of 3 weeks and 3 breaks of two weeks. There's no continuity to it all and that doesn't help.

That said, i've come to find myself bored with it over the last few seasons and frustrated with, well, nothing much happening. There's been some character development with Barney changing and Marshall lilly preparing for parenthood, but it isn't enough and the quality of the episodes taken outide of those arcs just aint high enough.

And I ****ing hate Lilly. I mean, I ****ing HATE Lilly. What a pointless, fickle little twerp she is. And Ted's a bell-end too. I'd like to stop watching this show but i've invested 7 seasons of my life into it and like a gambler down to his last few pounds i'm going to keep feeding it in, in the hope it pays out. It won't though, will it.

Sad. I am a sad case.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How many ****ing times is Ted going to fall in love with Robin??? We know they aren't getting together so stop doing this bull****.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThaChronic)
    How many ****ing times is Ted going to fall in love with Robin??? We know they aren't getting together so stop doing this bull****.
    Good news is shouldn't be too long. Barney's getting married soon and since Ted meets the 'mother' there then Robin will be out of the picture so to speak.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    Good news is shouldn't be too long. Barney's getting married soon and since Ted meets the 'mother' there then Robin will be out of the picture so to speak.
    True, there is going to be a double episode on the 14th with Lily having the baby and I think in one of them Barney will propose to his girlfriend because didn't she say she would stop stripping once she got married? And he is desperate to stop her stripping.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    True, there is going to be a double episode on the 14th with Lily having the baby and I think in one of them Barney will propose to his girlfriend because didn't she say she would stop stripping once she got married? And he is desperate to stop her stripping.
    According to what I've read we'll find out who he marries. Ted was called to see the bride in the first ep of the season so at a guess we'll see who he talks to.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)
    This season has been destroyed by its schedule. Something like breaks of 4 weeks, four breaks of 3 weeks and 3 breaks of two weeks. There's no continuity to it all and that doesn't help.

That said, i've come to find myself bored with it over the last few seasons and frustrated with, well, nothing much happening. There's been some character development with Barney changing and Marshall lilly preparing for parenthood, but it isn't enough and the quality of the episodes taken outide of those arcs just aint high enough.

And I ****ing hate Lilly. I mean, I ****ing HATE Lilly. What a pointless, fickle little twerp she is. And Ted's a bell-end too. I'd like to stop watching this show but i've invested 7 seasons of my life into it and like a gambler down to his last few pounds i'm going to keep feeding it in, in the hope it pays out. It won't though, will it.

Sad. I am a sad case.
    Don't worry. You aren't the only one... :sad:
    • 25 followers

(Original post by Mister Dead)

Sad. I am a sad case.
    I'd bet in saying that this is probably the case with nearly half the people who watch the show.

Until he does her up the bum I presume :holmes:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Anyone seen the finale?
    Spoiler:
    Show

Knew it all along Robin was the bride.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karma Charger)
    Anyone seen the finale?
    Spoiler:
    Show

Same
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Watching E23 atm. So tediously annonying.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karma Charger)
    Anyone seen the finale?
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah, wtf? They had better have a good explanation.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I hoped it would be quinn. Quinn was good for barney. Robin is blaah.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serentonin)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I hoped it would be quinn. Quinn was good for barney. Robin is blaah.
    True story.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Or even Nora would have been better.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    that was utter, utter rubbish and I reckon it's a good time for me to just drop the show, walk away, then read wikipedia in a few years.

totally laugh free, terrible script, awful succession of sub family guy callbacks and new clip cut aways, hopelessly unrealistic situations MARSHALL DRUNK IS SO and TED HAS TO SHOUT ALL HIS LINES because he's actually really, really, dull and unfunny and not really even likable and frankly, by now, who cares who he marries, the poor cow. Oh and Lilly had a baby. She's still an idiot and a tedious bore she's stilll nowhere near good enough for marshall. SHE is the reacher and MARSHALL is the settler here. Anyway, baby trope, yawn.

haha misdirection... we fooled you. Right, good one, half-time change...but it really only works when you actually really care and for me it's just too late for that. They've let the central concept drag on so long that it's polluted the show and overshadowed the development of what might have been a half-decent set of characters. Is it really too much to hope for that for a short run of episodes we might not have to put up with this now absurd Barney/Robin/Ted love triangle. I mean, who would even be friends in that situation, really, eww, constantly trying to fall in love with or screw or have kids with each other.

I really can't find much if anything positive to say about it. Time to go. Plenty of other great telly to watch.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I still like the show.

It has definitely dropped in quality and there have been some very poor episodes (the trilogy) but overall it's still great.
    The beginning of this season was the best in a while, the fact they added emotion to the script made it all that better.

To be honest I got so caught up in today's episode I was expecting it to be
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Quin. Even though at the beggining of the series I expected Robin.

I for one will still be watching next series.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 2, 2014
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.