Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official How I Met Your Mother Society...

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
  • View Poll Results: who have been your favourite extras in season funf(thats 5 btw)
    Lilly's stripper lookalike :coma:
    19.25%
    mabel the barrel...:moon: memories
    9.81%
    Shinya, the random dude in robin 101
    9.43%
    The real sexless inkeeper(the fat ugly woman)
    5.28%
    Phil,the downstairs neighbour of Barney..12B from the bagpipes episode
    3.02%
    the Scuba diver
    15.47%
    The legend that is lilly's dad..in a toy making way not a abandoning father way
    7.17%
    Maggie the fittie in 'the window'
    6.79%
    Captain underpants, aka Don (robins newspartner)
    11.70%
    Jenkins
    15.09%
    The fat kid who initiates 'but umm' in Jenkins
    16.23%
    Cuk poo..ahahaha
    18.87%
    Everyone involved in the musical in 'Girls Vs Suits'
    36.98%

• 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    **** knows which wedding Schmosby was talking about. He makes no sense 90% of the time

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3pdof9/
    • 21 followers

I really really don't get how this show is highly reviewed by some people. Pretty sure at least half of us are annoyed with it now with all the all the ****ty nonsensing pointless bull**** plot twists :facepalm2:

It's a sitcom that isn't even funny. Makes you want to cry more because of how **** it has become... and how more emotional the writers have made the show. These aren't comedy writers, they are more like soap opera writers. Guess they turned up at the wrong place on their first day at job

Schmosby. Maybe after searching for the mother for so long he will finally realise he is actually gay and then end up marrying another "guy" i.e. the mother and will then know the kids are adopted. Only because a man will accidentally kiss him and he will say "i love you" and mean it ffs

/rant
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    I really really don't get how this show is highly reviewed by some people. Pretty sure at least half of us are annoyed with it now with all the all the ****ty nonsensing pointless bull**** plot twists :facepalm2:

It's a sitcom that isn't even funny. Makes you want to cry more because of how **** it has become... and how more emotional the writers have made the show. These aren't comedy writers, they are more like soap opera writers. Guess they turned up at the wrong place on their first day at job

Schmosby. Maybe after searching for the mother for so long he will finally realise he is actually gay and then end up marrying another "guy" i.e. the mother and will then know the kids are adopted. Only because a man will accidentally kiss him and he will say "i love you" and mean it ffs

/rant
    I cant really help it, I loved the first two seasons and I keep watching it out of loyalty. I keep hoping it can go back to what it once was.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmm not sure where HIMYM is on UK but the American timing :love: just got to the end of the season

IT IS AMAZING. just... wait for it

Amanda from Ugly Betty <3
    • 21 followers

(Original post by synvilla)
    I cant really help it, I loved the first two seasons and I keep watching it out of loyalty. I keep hoping it can go back to what it once was.
    Loyalty? More like boredom and general time wasting about 20 mins every week... :mmm:

It will never get back to what it once was. It is too far away from that and there aren't many seasons left for it to turn it back that far. It's a sitcoms which makes you cry more than laugh... says a lot
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If this show makes you cry then your are some weak ass dinny. I'm a the stage where i'd be crying if they all got infected with ebola virus. that's right,
    Spoiler:
    Show
    crying with laughter
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)
    If this show makes you cry then your are some weak ass dinny. I'm a the stage where i'd be crying if they all got infected with ebola virus. that's right,
    Spoiler:
    Show
    crying with laughter
    No, that'll just cause Ted to have yet another whiny epiphany about the true nature of love.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Latest two eps, thoughts:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Just watched the latest eps; what a load of balls.

There better be a twist or I'm going to be pissed.

That cupcake girl running away from her wedding and her and Ted running away in to the sunset - wtf?!

From a truly dire fifth series the show really picked up with some great episodes, it's going downhill again. However series 5 was **** because it was boring. Now, they are just ruining the show with some bizarre story lines.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ted turns out to be gay, hooks up with Barney's brother or something equally stupid.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been watching this, just watched an episode today.

Why has Ted got back together with Robin if we know she isn't the mother?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by like a boss)
    I haven't been watching this, just watched an episode today.

Why has Ted got back together with Robin if we know she isn't the mother?
    He hasn't got back with her.

Spoiler:
    Show
    He told her he loved her. She knocked him back
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ted should get together with Marissa Heller, they suit each other to a t.

Also, I just re-watched the Girls vs Suits episode. It's nice to remember what HIMYM was like before it drowned in a sea of generic romcom-ery
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Bagpipes" episode of season 5 is awesome.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    'Swarley' may always be my favourite episode.

:daydreaming:
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Poor Ted and his love life...

Spoiler:
    Show
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    Poor Ted and his love life...

Spoiler:
    Show
    As if Schmoesby would be able to pull any of them women

Robin used to be far more attractive than she is now as well :sigh:
    • 21 followers

(Original post by Mess.)
    This
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    As if Schmoesby would be able to pull any of them women

was just thinking that the other day, with longer hair she was so nice :teeth:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jeez, some of you guys are quick to the punch with this show. If you've watched from the start, you're gonna be more involved with the characters and connect with the show more; yes, so it makes sense people who watch sporadically won't enjoy it as much perhaps, but to those claiming the show is too "romcom"-y, that is what the show is based on.

The premise isn't just about how Ted met the mother, it's how Ted managed to get over Aunt Robin to get himself to a place where he was ready to move on, so he could open up and find the mother. The show is all about love, and it is a comedy, ergo Romantic Comedy! Wait till the end of the season before you judge and you'll be greatly satisfied.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonBlake)
    Jeez, some of you guys are quick to the punch with this show. If you've watched from the start, you're gonna be more involved with the characters and connect with the show more; yes, so it makes sense people who watch sporadically won't enjoy it as much perhaps, but to those claiming the show is too "romcom"-y, that is what the show is based on.

The premise isn't just about how Ted met the mother, it's how Ted managed to get over Aunt Robin to get himself to a place where he was ready to move on, so he could open up and find the mother. The show is all about love, and it is a comedy, ergo Romantic Comedy! Wait till the end of the season before you judge and you'll be greatly satisfied.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Everyone gets that... I've seen the first 4/5 series about 6/7 times each. They were great television but the show has been terrible for years and it should have ended in season 5 like it was originally planned to. Now it is a horrible self parody of ****ing nothingness with each character becoming more and more annoying and each storyline becoming more and more ****.

The show has died and he only real reason people watch it is out of habit. Although because of the incredibly strange trend of shows in America becoming more popular once they have been out for more than four seasons (probably due to syndication and hype), then becoming ****, we are likely having to suffer this for a couple more seasons at least as well as the inevitable (failed) spin-off.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If I was Ted's son I would be ashamed to have such a douchebag of a father.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 2, 2014
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.