The Student Room Group
Reply 2
Chess? It's all about gameboys and ipods these days.
Kendun
Chess? It's all about gameboys and ipods these days.

If you still live in the 90's.

thanks but thats too expensive
Reply 5
Oxfam used to have little portable fairtrade ones for about a tenner. Or you could try ebay.
Don't diss gameboys. Buy an ipod with a chess game on it?

Or just get one from any old place. Argos maybe?
Reply 7
Poundshop. :dontknow:

Chess is cool. :smile:
Reply 8
A little magnetic one somewhere. They'd be cheap and crappy, but probably that's what you want if you're taking it out and about!
Personally I'd get an electronic one - download it onto your phone or something. Trying to use a real chess set while travelling is difficult, the pieces fall about everywhere etc...
Reply 10
Prokaryotic_crap
If you still live in the 90's.

Gameboys were from the 80's.
Kendun
Gameboys were from the 80's.

America '89
Europe '90

anyway so why are you talking?
Reply 12
Prokaryotic_crap
America '89
Europe '90

anyway so why are you talking?

Ok I was 1 year off, my bad.

I'm not sure what "anyway so why are you talking?" means, especially since I'm typing.
Ice_Queen
A little magnetic one somewhere. They'd be cheap and crappy, but probably that's what you want if you're taking it out and about!

+1 for this suggestion :yes:

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001801&langId=-1&searchTerms=MAGNETIC+CHESS

That one from argos is only £3.99.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Magnetic-chess-set/dp/B000ZYM2KW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1264264094&sr=1-2

^That one you can just fold over in the middle of a game and carry on later on.
Kendun
Ok I was 1 year off, my bad.

I'm not sure what "anyway so why are you talking?" means, especially since I'm typing.

like you said, gameboy was in the 80s/90s, so why did you mention it in the first place when you said "its all about gameboys..."?
Reply 15
Prokaryotic_crap
like you said, gameboy was in the 80s/90s, so why did you mention it in the first place when you said "its all about gameboys..."?

Oh for the love of! There have been newer gameboys since the 90's.

I was joking in the first place, as you should have worked out but no...Oh dear...

Latest

Trending

Trending