The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

chrisoz
Email UCAS you mean?

Ta

No, e-mail University of Ulster and ask them if there are spaces left on the course you're interested in, and whether they'd consider your application - after the deadline for equal consideration, they're under no obligation to but if spaces remain, they're likely to.

If they will, send your application and hope for the best. :smile:
Reply 81
Hello everyone !

I'm an international student and I would like to send my applications the next week to some universities. I know I'm very late but I think that now there isn't any differences between someone who sent his application the 1st of February and another the 1st of May ...

My question is what is the best solution : send my application directly to universites by paper or sent it on the UCAS website ?
I think that the first is the best but I need a confirmation. :smile:

To be realist, I believe that an offer from UCL and KCL (BA History) is compromised or tiny.
Reply 82
vesper2
Hello everyone !

I'm an international student and I would like to send my applications the next week to some universities. I know I'm very late but I think that now there isn't any differences between someone who sent his application the 1st of February and another the 1st of May ...

My question is what is the best solution : send my application directly to universites by paper or sent it on the UCAS website ?
I think that the first is the best but I need a confirmation. :smile:

To be realist, I believe that an offer from UCL and KCL (BA History) is compromised or tiny.
Please read the first post in this thread. You need to check whether either of these unis is still accepting applications for your course.

You have to send your application through UCAS; there is no option to send it direct to the unis, or on paper to anyone.
Reply 83
Ok thanks.

Have a good day.:smile:
Hi I am writing on behalf of a friend of mine who changed her mind about university. She was supposed to study in Milan but now she would like to go the the UK and start in september 2010, does she stand any chance or she necessarily has to take a gap year or go to a private university?
Is it possible to transfer in the second year?
Thank you very much indeed
Please help her she is :woo:
Reply 85
She can apply late. I did. You just have to follow the guide on the forum here how to apply to extra but use it for 5 universities.(which I didn't do btw)
Reply 86
andreavivan
Hi I am writing on behalf of a friend of mine who changed her mind about university. She was supposed to study in Milan but now she would like to go the the UK and start in september 2010, does she stand any chance or she necessarily has to take a gap year or go to a private university?
Is it possible to transfer in the second year?
Thank you very much indeed
Please help her she is :woo:

I think if you are classed as an international student you have a bigger chance of getting into university still because they have to have a certain amount of both home and international students. Why not get in touch with universities to see what their chances are but I would get my application in as soon as possible if she decides to go through with it.
Reply 87
cakel
I think if you are classed as an international student you have a bigger chance of getting into university still because they have to have a certain amount of both home and international students. Why not get in touch with universities to see what their chances are but I would get my application in as soon as possible if she decides to go through with it.

But coming from Italy you get classed as a UK/EU student don't you?
ratboy90
But coming from Italy you get classed as a UK/EU student don't you?

Yeah its true so you guys would contact the unies?
Reply 89
andreavivan
Yeah its true so you guys would contact the unies?

I would just apply to those still taking Home/EU students. You can see that when you search for a course on UCAS
Reply 90
So I'm at what is generally called a 'second chance college' to get myself into Uni. Thankfully I applied on time and, thanks mainly I think to this place and the help I received on my PS, received 2 unconditional offers and 2 conditional. So my only problem is the headache of deciding where to go.

But I have a friend, also a the same college, who didn't apply to Uni, and even though he won't admit it, I think he is regretting it. He keeps picking up my perspectus' and asking about clearing etc as I think he wants to go Uni in September after all. Only problem is I know nothing about clearing, and have tried looking on UCAS but couldn't really find anything to anser my questions. Looking here http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/importantdates it seems to suggest you can still apply up to the 30th June, is that true? Where exactly does he stand? Can he still apply through UCAS?

The only problem is he would probably be looking at graphic design or multi media type courses, and I imagine they're amongst the most popular in the country. He is getting straight A's at college though, and amassing a fairly decent portfolio, and I've no doubt if he had applied in January he would have been given offers. Can anyone offer any help on whether it would be worth him applying or not?
Reply 91
I applied late just last week, well actually the 15th So 10 days ago, and have already been given an unconditional offer.

So id tell him to go for it! :smile:
Muska
So I'm at what is generally called a 'second chance college' to get myself into Uni. Thankfully I applied on time and, thanks mainly I think to this place and the help I received on my PS, received 2 unconditional offers and 2 conditional. So my only problem is the headache of deciding where to go.

But I have a friend, also a the same college, who didn't apply to Uni, and even though he won't admit it, I think he is regretting it. He keeps picking up my perspectus' and asking about clearing etc as I think he wants to go Uni in September after all. Only problem is I know nothing about clearing, and have tried looking on UCAS but couldn't really find anything to anser my questions. Looking here http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/importantdates it seems to suggest you can still apply up to the 30th June, is that true? Where exactly does he stand? Can he still apply through UCAS?

The only problem is he would probably be looking at graphic design or multi media type courses, and I imagine they're amongst the most popular in the country. He is getting straight A's at college though, and amassing a fairly decent portfolio, and I've no doubt if he had applied in January he would have been given offers. Can anyone offer any help on whether it would be worth him applying or not?

It's extra he wants, as clearing is for those who hold offers but miss them.
Reply 93
Muska

Suggest to your friend that he reads the first post of the thread I'm moving this into, and checks out the links in my signature.
Reply 94
Hi there

I applied late to university like two weeks ago but still haven't received my letter from UCAS telling me my tracking number. I was wondering how long this usually takes? I know i won't be priority because i applied after the deadline but wanted to know when i can start tracking.
Thank you
Reply 95
kaels07
Hi there

I applied late to university like two weeks ago but still haven't received my letter from UCAS telling me my tracking number. I was wondering how long this usually takes? I know i won't be priority because i applied after the deadline but wanted to know when i can start tracking.
Thank you

If it hasn't arrived within another week, ring them. :smile:

Butttt, your track number rarely changes from the number you already have, so just use the same login details :smile:.

After that you can click the 'forgot' details button :smile:
Reply 96
Im an international student I applied to the UK late, like mid April...
I was just wondering how long itll take for colleges to reply...
has anyone who applied late received any offers already? how long did it take??
I was also wondering if colleges are waiting for the A level exam results to come out so that they can offer more places..

did anybody applied to these colleges?
durham, warwick, nottingham, queen mary, exeter??
nininha12
Im an international student I applied to the UK late, like mid April...
I was just wondering how long itll take for colleges to reply...
has anyone who applied late received any offers already? how long did it take??
I was also wondering if colleges are waiting for the A level exam results to come out so that they can offer more places..

did anybody applied to these colleges?
durham, warwick, nottingham, queen mary, exeter??

I think they have until the end of June to get back to you, so in theory then can leave you waiting a while yet. Nothing to worry about, and hopefully they will get back to you sooner than that. How long it takes really depends on the university and the course so it is hard to take insight from the experiences of others.

Universities make offers before results day, few if any add additional spaces after results, although there may be some spaces that they haven't filled in Clearing. When you say EU student is that inside or outside the EU?
Reply 98
I applied on the 14th, got all my offers by the 28th and just firmed UWE today!!! All Very fast!
Reply 99
Hey!

So, I'm from a country in the EU and lately I've decided I want to go study in the UK.

Is it already late to apply to go to Uni in the UK (starting 2010)?

I've heard about Clearing, is it possible to apply through it for the first time (not having sent an application earlier)?

I'm currently doing my Alevels and will know the results around the beginning of July. Also, we do not have 'predicted grades' here (not sure if this is important)..

Many thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending