The Student Room Group

Why are my apply and track UCAS ID numbers different?

Here's the situation:

I applied last year, but turned down offers and took a gap year. My 09 UCAS app had a 103xxxxxx ID.

I reapplied this year and my apply ID is 105xxxxxx. I told UCAS that I had already applied last year during the registration process. If I log on to apply I'm shown the 105xxxxxx ID.

I can only log on to track with the 103xxxxxx ID - the choices that come up are from this year's application and I've already successfully accepted an offer. I figured this out by using the "Forgotten my details" link.

When I apply for student finance or other things that need my UCAS ID, which one should I use?
AnonymousPenguin
Here's the situation:

I applied last year, but turned down offers and took a gap year. My 09 UCAS app had a 103xxxxxx ID.

I reapplied this year and my apply ID is 105xxxxxx. I told UCAS that I had already applied last year during the registration process. If I log on to apply I'm shown the 105xxxxxx ID.

I can only log on to track with the 103xxxxxx ID - the choices that come up are from this year's application and I've already successfully accepted an offer. I figured this out by using the "Forgotten my details" link.

When I apply for student finance or other things that need my UCAS ID, which one should I use?

the 103 one, basically, UCAS sees that you applied last year, and then assigns you back to the old ID
I have the same thing, since i applied last year too. The 103 one is the right one to use :smile:
Reply 3
Your new ID doesn't actually exist. It's just a number generated by Apply. If you try to use it anywhere, then it won't work.

Latest

Trending

Trending