The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Ejit
Yep.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBDCCCDBBBBBBBBB

Think I sprained a finger.

Some really tough questions on that paper.

I wrote all the numbers out and put the letters in brackets next to it like 1000 (A), 1000 (A) . . . gosh that was bad.

Does Mr M do D1 answers?
Reply 41
NCIShippo
I wrote all the numbers out and put the letters in brackets next to it like 1000 (A), 1000 (A) . . . gosh that was bad.

Does Mr M do D1 answers?

I think he did last time.

I only thought of doing that half way through the question.
I think if grade boundaries are a bit low I probably beat the 75% I got last time.

At least there was a fair bit of following algorithms.

Did anybody else have this on the same day as BIOL4 AQA? Today wasn't a good day.
Reply 42
The questions were WAY TOO LONG! I only managed to get up to the simplex tableau question. I had 2 minutes left when i got up to that... it was 11 marks so i just kinda gave up. =/

That's about 25 marks down the drain + all the mistakes
Reply 43
god i did this in june got 76 B

why did i ever think i was gonna do better resitting for an A

that was prob a U!
Reply 44
I think they've made all the exams harder and longer to stretch us all for this A*, this means I'll need to do more revision for Physics this week :smile:

Answers I remember putting:
I got the shortest path to be 9, then with that extra arc added I got 8.

Shuttle sort comparisons: 1, 2, 3 = 6
it was much harder than last year.... one of the worse exams i've done. I hated it
have to re take it again

the bin packing was a joke... and the last question was like a stretch and challenge question
hope the examiner that makes the questions in the summer won't be the same...
Reply 46
Not good, another for a resit methinks.
That wasn't too bad in my opinion. When I say that, I mean it was harder than any D1 exam previously but I think D1 in general is fairly easy.

For the gym question though, why are people saying x=3, y=7? She wanted to maximise 9x+6y, therefor 9x3+7x6 = 69. I got x=4, y=6 which = 72?

Q1 a) I got something like 9 for shortest route
b) 28 for the route inspection?
c) 8 with the added arc

Q2) a)+b) semi-eularian question
c) Prims, weight 17?
d) Lower bound: 29, upper bound 35

Q3) linear programming question, x=4, y=6, z=2

Q4) Stupid question about packing, fairly easy though. First person would've been too much in volume, second too much in weight.

Q5) a) show that for constraints
b) simplex, x=8, y=0, z=0, therefore a=12, b=10, c=8
c) x less than or equal to 20, y less than or equal to 10, z less than or equal to 8

Q6) a)i) 10 arcs
ii) 1/2n(n-1) arcs
can't really remember the rest. Something about 1, 2, 3 comparisons? then a show that. Then the inputting balues into the table.

That's just roughly off the top of my head from what I can remember. I hope this rings some bells with some of you!!
Reply 48
Mr M said he will not be paying our D1 thread a visit today :frown:
Sorry I might start doing D1 again next year (but that won't be much use to you lot!) - I have only taught it once about 7 years ago and don't remember it particularly well.
Reply 50
destined-monkey
That wasn't too bad in my opinion. When I say that, I mean it was harder than any D1 exam previously but I think D1 in general is fairly easy.

For the gym question though, why are people saying x=3, y=7? She wanted to maximise 9x+6y, therefor 9x3+7x6 = 69. I got x=4, y=6 which = 72?

c) 8 with the added arc

c) Prims, weight 17?

Q4) Stupid question about packing, fairly easy though. First person would've been too much in volume, second too much in weight.

c) x less than or equal to 20, y less than or equal to 10, z less than or equal to 8

Q6) a)i) 10 arcs
ii) 1/2n(n-1) arcs
can't really remember the rest. Something about 1, 2, 3 comparisons? then a show that. Then the inputting balues into the table.

That's just roughly off the top of my head from what I can remember. I hope this rings some bells with some of you!!

Thanks for that, and yes quite a few sound familiar (not qn 6 as I had no idea what I was doing! :biggrin:). I also had 72 as my maximised thing, with thoses x, y, z values as well! :biggrin:
Reply 51
Didnt think that exam was too bad, especially considering i only started learning it on friday as ive never had a lesson of D1, some of the answers seem familiar, and some really dont. but im always useless at remember anything ive just done in an exam so im not too fussed about that!
destined-monkey

c) 8 with the added arc

c) Prims, weight 17?

Q6) a)i) 10 arcs
ii) 1/2n(n-1) arcs

can you remember your constraints?? for the linear programming qu
Reply 53
destined-monkey

c) 8 with the added arc

c) Prims, weight 17?

Q6) a)i) 10 arcs
ii) 1/2n(n-1) arcs

yeh, so many people have said to me they got x=3, y=7 but i got x=4, y=6 which i thought was right, or at least it seemed it when i was doing it :confused:

do u remember ur constraints? i remember x< or > (and equal to) 4 but cant really remember what they were :s
cmdeacon
yeh, so many people have said to me they got x=3, y=7 but i got x=4, y=6 which i thought was right, or at least it seemed it when i was doing it :confused:

do u remember ur constraints? i remember x< or > (and equal to) 4 but cant really remember what they were :s

i got that=] i got like x + 2y is less than or equal to something and
2x + 3y perhaps? cant quite remember mine though so was wondering if someone else did!

im pretty sure i got my feasible region right, then my points were like x= 3 and y = 7or 8
has anyone got a copy of the prims table?? i cant remember my answer and its bugging, i remember adding 12 on to my mst though, to get the lower bound.
My constraints were... y+3x</=18, 3y+2x</=30 and x</=4? I think.
Reply 57
Ejit
I think he did last time.

I only thought of doing that half way through the question.
I think if grade boundaries are a bit low I probably beat the 75% I got last time.

At least there was a fair bit of following algorithms.

Did anybody else have this on the same day as BIOL4 AQA? Today wasn't a good day.

Me :frown:

It really was a bad day. Biology paper didn't even have any biology in it!!
And D1 was hard. I missed out the last question cos i ran out of time :frown:
Reply 58
What the hell did that packing question even test! So so annoying, with literally 5 more minutes I could have gained at least another 5 marks. On the whole wasn't too hard, especially considering my 20 minutes of revision - only problem was time limit. And that ridic 1/2n (n-1) guy that made no sense.

I too like some others got x=4 y=6 z=2 for the gym one!

Question on the simplex tableau, when given the 'Maximise' bit (i.e. P=) did you have to inverse the whole equation when putting it in the table (e.g. Maximise 2x plus 3y - 4z goes to -2x - 3y plus 4z) cos this could have cost me like 11 marks.
Hi I too did the D1 paper yesterday I completley ran out of time on the last question did anyone else find that?? I was fine on the rest of it except for the simplex question the first part of it to find a b and c...

Latest

Trending

Trending