The Student Room Group

Can't stop nerves before exam, tips to calm down?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
luvs-it
just remember its not the end of the world if it goes badly.
You can always retake. Especially for like GCSES they dont mean that much when you get older aslong as you pass the ones to mainly worry about is Alevels if you want to get into Uni but even then you can always retake and you can only do your best soo it will all be fine :smile:

This is my last opportunity to resit these exams as they are the old spec :P so thats why I'm panicking haha.
Reply 21
get some blue cheese from amsterdam.
Reply 22
never panicked 4 an exam... cant understand the people who do :s-smilie:
Josieee
Thanks all of you, seriously. I am such a panicker, I felt stupid starting this thread tho. But it turns out you've all helped me. I'll let you know how i feel after my exam tomorrow. I'm thinking positive thoughts all of today, and I'm having a nice meal out and then I'll go to bed at a decent time :smile: Thank you :biggrin:

panic today and just cry it all out of your system :smile:
That way there's no tears left for tomorrow and you can focus on telling everyone that you've been crying as opposed to talking about the exam:yep:

bonne chance!:woo:
Reply 24
I take dark chocolate with me. Mmmm dark chocolate.
I tell myself jokes before going into an exam it helps me to relax and be happy, the information automatically comes to me. :smile:
Reply 26
FestiveReece
panic today and just cry it all out of your system :smile:
That way there's no tears left for tomorrow and you can focus on telling everyone that you've been crying as opposed to talking about the exam:yep:

bonne chance!:woo:

haha sounds like a plan :P
Reply 27
Have an energy drink before the exam. I always have one 20 mins before every exam and it works just fine.
Reply 28
Have a glass of water.
Reply 29
Josieee
Thank you so much :smile: I will actually do this, cos I can do my exams :smile: thankyou :biggrin:

It's okay! And you can you can you can, good luck xxx
Reply 30
Josieee
We are told we aren't allowed to bring any mints/chewing gum/ food. Just water. Cos apparently we might "cheat" by writing on the packaging of the food or on the actual food itself haha.

Well i'm not to sure if we are still allowed so i stick one in a tissue and kind of sneakily eat it?
Reply 31
warm up your hands and breathe really deeply.
Reply 32
Heyyy did my maths exam this morning, I felt so positive, eve though the exam wasnt that great, I did everythingthat I could do without panicking and :biggrin: -fingers crossed
haha :biggrin:.
Hi Josieee....Sitting an exam is a moment in time..during that time you need to be calm. Your mind has all the information you have learned stored and ready to be used. Allowing your mind to relax enables that stored information to be accessed easily. When you sit down in the exam room take a minute to breath slowly, pausing briefly before you exhale. Do this 6 or seven times and repeat during the exam when you are finding things difficult. This will calm and relax you and bring your thinking into the moment.
I hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest