Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Announcements Posted on
Will you get the grades you need for uni? Get prepared today and de-stress, sign up to email alerts for course places! 02-06-2015
Waiting on IB results? Our IB results hub explains everything you need to know 01-06-2015
  1. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbys sock)
    I love St Berry and I hope next season that

Spoiler:
    Show
    Jesse follows Rachel to New York (I'm guessing she ends up getting in next episode) and Rachel realises that Finn is no good for her. Then Finn can move to LA to help Puck with his pool cleaning business.
    but the problem with that is
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Jesse is always a minor character because Jonathan Groff is really busy doing all the things he does on broardway etc. I mean it might work, but they'd have to sign Jon up properly for a while and he probably just doesn't have the time. If they're filming in NY it might be easier though *shrug*
  2. Offline

ReputationRep:
    OK so just got up to date with all my Glee watching yesterday.

I AM NOT going to be able to handle the graduation episode. I am way, way too emotionally invested in the show.

I LOVE the character of Unique BTW.
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    [/spoiler] The fourth season will continue to be set at McKinley High in Ohio, but it will feature a show-within-a-show format that also follows several of the just-graduated characters to New York, and will be set at a performing arts school there. The Ohio portion of the show will feature a number of new characters. Two actresses have been announced for multi-episode guest-starring arcs as part of the New York sequences: Sarah Jessica Parker and Kate Hudson.[90] Parker's character will be a mentor to Kurt, and Hudson's a mentor to Rachel; Hudson will be appearing in six episodes during the fall [/spoiler]

I'm guessing some people have read this right?? I just did and there's a huge smile on my face!
  4. Offline

ReputationRep:
    OH SHOOT!! I AM SO SORRY! I don't know how to do that spoiler thing!! I'm so sorry if I've spoilt it for anyone!
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gooby)
    OH SHOOT!! I AM SO SORRY! I don't know how to do that spoiler thing!! I'm so sorry if I've spoilt it for anyone!
    Take the / out of your first spoiler tag.
  6. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbys sock)
    I love St Berry and I hope next season that

Spoiler:
    Show
    Jesse follows Rachel to New York (I'm guessing she ends up getting in next episode) and Rachel realises that Finn is no good for her. Then Finn can move to LA to help Puck with his pool cleaning business.
    OMG

Spoiler:
    Show
    I want this so badly! When they were talking just before the performance at Nationals I was like AWWW and then he totally helped Rachel with NYADA
  7. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gooby)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The fourth season will continue to be set at McKinley High in Ohio, but it will feature a show-within-a-show format that also follows several of the just-graduated characters to New York, and will be set at a performing arts school there. The Ohio portion of the show will feature a number of new characters. Two actresses have been announced for multi-episode guest-starring arcs as part of the New York sequences: Sarah Jessica Parker and Kate Hudson.[90] Parker's character will be a mentor to Kurt, and Hudson's a mentor to Rachel; Hudson will be appearing in six episodes during the fall

I'm guessing some people have read this right?? I just did and there's a huge smile on my face!
    Wow I love SJP
  8. Offline

ReputationRep:
    all the characters will be retuning but some wont be in all 22 episodes As long as Rachel is back for every episode I will be happy She annoys the hell out of me but I feel out of ND she makes the show with her ambition
  9. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I really hope that they will somehow move Groff to NY location with Lea, Cory and Chris, don't really see Jesse having anything to do in Ohio, such a waste of talent (and oh please, I know Finchel are engaged, but St Berry will always be the most realistic pairing ever).
  10. Offline

ReputationRep:
    :cry2:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Despite all the complaints I've had about glee for the last season and a half, I am such a mess right now that a huge chunk of them have graduated so they'll no longer all be together :cry2:

BUT YAY FINNCHEL BREAK UP!!! Probably the only decent thing Finn has done recently, pushed Rachel to follow her dreams and go to New York. I felt bad for her that he's broken up with her though. I can't believe that Rachel got into NYADA yet Kurt didn't. She totally screwed up her audition. I was convinced that they'd both end up going because I was sure next season it was going to be Rachel, Kurt & Finn in New York but who knows maybe it can still happen? Not surprised Finn didn't get in, he doesn't really seem like he'd be a good actor.

Why did Finn get a song dedicated to him and none of the other seniors? Yeah he was on the football team but Puck, Mike and Shaft joined too before Glee was even slightly cool. Maybe not the first episode but it was still pretty near to the beginning. They gave up their reputation too and got slushies and whatever.

BURT DOING THE SINGLE LADIES DANCE = AMAZING.

Santana going to New York!! Yay, probably means she's coming back next year!

Loved the little flashbacks to season 1.

I really want Kurt to somehow find his way to New York for next season. Kurt in New York = less Klaine.

How did Brittany get a 0.0 GPA? Yeah she's stupid but she's on the Cheerios so she must have got something for that? She was part of a winning nationals team for both Glee club and cheerios. And Senior Class President.
  11. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

When Will sat Finn down, I thought we were gonna see more paedoWill :P I'm glad he finally made the confession to Finn though!

It's good Kurt didn't get in, it's not realistic that someone with his performance would

Sam's a junior which means we'll get lots of hotness next season <3

I liked the way Sue said she'd real her jizz doner in September - when the next season starts

I loved the Sue and Quinn moment

I wonder what the future holds for Santanna ...
  12. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

- Kurt didn't get in because of Rachel, I'm sure of it. there probably was one place left (out of 20 for the whole course) and they chose her
    - Finn dumping Rachel is painful, horrible and very sad. but it is a blessing in disguise.
    - Joe's and Rory's story lines were neglected completely, ultimate props
    - Quinn and Puck? really?
    - probably almost no Mercedes next season then
    - Santana will absolutely 100% stay in Ohio for a year

..sooo... will Rachel dominate the NY plot all by herself then? how?

and what about Kate Hudson/ Sara Jessica Parker being Kurt and Rachel's NYADA mentors spoiler? does Kurt get in in the end?

SO MANY QUESTIONS, Ryan Murphy! Evil bastard
  13. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trouble-trouble)
    Spoiler:
    Show

and what about Kate Hudson/ Sara Jessica Parker being Kurt and Rachel's NYADA mentors spoiler? does Kurt get in in the end?
    I have a theory

Spoiler:
    Show

The word is, Kurt goes into fashion. Maybe he's a fashion person at NYADA, and who knows more about fashion than Sarah Jessica Parker
  14. Offline

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm gonna post a lovely long rant on here about everything I hated (and the few things I liked) about the season finale, and then bid adieu to this thread.

Here we go...

Spoiler:
    Show

We start with season one flashbacks, and two minutes in I'm sobbing like a baby. Good right? I loved the 'Sit Down You're Rocking The Boat' and I had such high hopes after such a great start. Hell, even pedo!Will and his creepy solo didn't bring me down.

Then we cut to a Kurt voiceover and I'm dying even more at the references to his fake crush on Rachel and he's so brilliant.

And then Burt Hummel GREATEST TV DAD EVER makes an appearance with the 'Single Ladies' dance and there go my tear ducts again!

And then we cut to the only Klaine scene of the episode in which they hold hands GASP SHOCK HORROR THINK OF THE CHILDREN but it's perfect anyway because Kurt and Blaine are gonna grow old together and my OTP is just amazing.

And then I should've stopped watching.

Because then Kurt sings a song to the guys of the group, and aside from the newbies and Sam, these guys have all bullied him in the past. Sure, they've grown and matured and I love their character development (except Finn because even though Kurt says that it doesn't matter to them that if anyone is gay or straight, Finn still uses the qualifier 'gay' almost every time he talks about Kurt and not to mention the f-word debacle and just all the douchey things Finn does and says about everyone and yeh I'll stop) but why did he sing to the guys in particular? Makes no sense.

Then a little scene about Rachel/Kurt/Finn opening their letters together and meh that's fine.

Then we give two minutes to Mercedes and Mike and that's all the closure they're probably ever gonna get on the show and even though I'm so happy for them for achieving what they did, wow RIB you really screwed that up.

Britt has a 0.0 GPA?! I... Brittany is a much loved character, and I like her, but god you can't expect me to see her as an adult when you write her with things like this and the fact that she was basically raped when she lost her virginity and believes her cat smokes. Her moments of wisdom make so so little sense when you throw stuff like this in.

Skipping over a bit here to...

WILL TOLD FINN ABOUT THE POT AND THAT WAS THE BEST THING IN THE LAST HALF AN HOUR OF THIS EPISODE

And then wow, they sing to Finn the douchey douchebag for being oh so amazing and sacrificing everything to be in their little club? U SERIOUS

Little bit of Faberry ladeda

Quinn has magic kisses and all of a sudden Puck was super confident and I'm just like 'whut?'

Carrying on...

PUCK PASSED THE TEST AND GETS TO GRADUATE YAY

Graduation ceremony yada yada cute Klaine moment, lots of happy parents but why the hell did Finchel kiss it's a graduation jeez

And now I get angry.

Finn- Doesn't get in- Not surprised, he didn't think it through he has no experience and it was a ridiculously late application
    Kurt- Doesn't get in- Angry but okay, it's competitive I understand, I wanted him to go into fashion anyway
    Rachel- Gets in- ARE YOU HIGH RYAN MURPHY SHE CHOKED AT HER AUDITION YOU DO NOT GET A SECOND CHANCE LIKE THAT YOU DO NOT GET TO STALK A WOMAN AND BEG FOR CHANCES THAT YOU DO NOT DESERVE BECAUSE YOU FORGOT THE WORDS AND THEN DON'T EVEN FORMALLY AUDITION AND STILL GET IN ARE YOU INSANE THAT IS NOT REALISTIC IN ANY WAY

I got so angry I punched my desk.

Santana going to NY yayayay many headcanons about Kurtana roommates

And then we come to the 10 minute ode of how special and amazing Rachel Berry is.

Because that's all this season has been.

Kurt's storyline was just there to make Rachel's success sweeter when the time came.

The engagement happened so that Finn could gallantly send her on her way to achieve her dreams.

We did not need the final song.

All in all, worst glee episode ever. In my opinion anyway.

Ooh, also, why the hell did we have a scene in which Finchel were picking out the chairs for their wedding and absolutely no resolution for the three other main couples in the show?

This is the worst written thing ever and I'm sorry, but I needed to get it out.

Goodbye thread.
  15. Offline

ReputationRep:
    CRAP can someone show me how to do those spoiler thingies?
  16. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrettyRainbows)
    So, I'm gonna post a lovely long rant on here about everything I hated (and the few things I liked) about the season finale, and then bid adieu to this thread.

Here we go...

Spoiler:
    Show

We start with season one flashbacks, and two minutes in I'm sobbing like a baby. Good right? I loved the 'Sit Down You're Rocking The Boat' and I had such high hopes after such a great start. Hell, even pedo!Will and his creepy solo didn't bring me down.

Then we cut to a Kurt voiceover and I'm dying even more at the references to his fake crush on Rachel and he's so brilliant.

And then Burt Hummel GREATEST TV DAD EVER makes an appearance with the 'Single Ladies' dance and there go my tear ducts again!

And then we cut to the only Klaine scene of the episode in which they hold hands GASP SHOCK HORROR THINK OF THE CHILDREN but it's perfect anyway because Kurt and Blaine are gonna grow old together and my OTP is just amazing.

And then I should've stopped watching.

Because then Kurt sings a song to the guys of the group, and aside from the newbies and Sam, these guys have all bullied him in the past. Sure, they've grown and matured and I love their character development (except Finn because even though Kurt says that it doesn't matter to them that if anyone is gay or straight, Finn still uses the qualifier 'gay' almost every time he talks about Kurt and not to mention the f-word debacle and just all the douchey things Finn does and says about everyone and yeh I'll stop) but why did he sing to the guys in particular? Makes no sense.

Then a little scene about Rachel/Kurt/Finn opening their letters together and meh that's fine.

Then we give two minutes to Mercedes and Mike and that's all the closure they're probably ever gonna get on the show and even though I'm so happy for them for achieving what they did, wow RIB you really screwed that up.

Britt has a 0.0 GPA?! I... Brittany is a much loved character, and I like her, but god you can't expect me to see her as an adult when you write her with things like this and the fact that she was basically raped when she lost her virginity and believes her cat smokes. Her moments of wisdom make so so little sense when you throw stuff like this in.

Skipping over a bit here to...

WILL TOLD FINN ABOUT THE POT AND THAT WAS THE BEST THING IN THE LAST HALF AN HOUR OF THIS EPISODE

And then wow, they sing to Finn the douchey douchebag for being oh so amazing and sacrificing everything to be in their little club? U SERIOUS

Little bit of Faberry ladeda

Quinn has magic kisses and all of a sudden Puck was super confident and I'm just like 'whut?'

Carrying on...

PUCK PASSED THE TEST AND GETS TO GRADUATE YAY

Graduation ceremony yada yada cute Klaine moment, lots of happy parents but why the hell did Finchel kiss it's a graduation jeez

And now I get angry.

Finn- Doesn't get in- Not surprised, he didn't think it through he has no experience and it was a ridiculously late application
    Kurt- Doesn't get in- Angry but okay, it's competitive I understand, I wanted him to go into fashion anyway
    Rachel- Gets in- ARE YOU HIGH RYAN MURPHY SHE CHOKED AT HER AUDITION YOU DO NOT GET A SECOND CHANCE LIKE THAT YOU DO NOT GET TO STALK A WOMAN AND BEG FOR CHANCES THAT YOU DO NOT DESERVE BECAUSE YOU FORGOT THE WORDS AND THEN DON'T EVEN FORMALLY AUDITION AND STILL GET IN ARE YOU INSANE THAT IS NOT REALISTIC IN ANY WAY

I got so angry I punched my desk.

Santana going to NY yayayay many headcanons about Kurtana roommates

And then we come to the 10 minute ode of how special and amazing Rachel Berry is.

Because that's all this season has been.

Kurt's storyline was just there to make Rachel's success sweeter when the time came.

The engagement happened so that Finn could gallantly send her on her way to achieve her dreams.

We did not need the final song.

All in all, worst glee episode ever. In my opinion anyway.

Ooh, also, why the hell did we have a scene in which Finchel were picking out the chairs for their wedding and absolutely no resolution for the three other main couples in the show?

This is the worst written thing ever and I'm sorry, but I needed to get it out.

Goodbye thread.
    I wasn't that annoyed at the storyline but it was a let down.....
  17. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainingshame)
    CRAP can someone show me how to do those spoiler thingies?
    (spoiler)Like this, but with [ ] instead of ( ) (/spoiler)
  18. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Meh, kinda sums up my feelings tbh.

Spoiler:
    Show
    There was no proper plot line, just lots of random bits that didn't really make sense.

I know they're leaving things open for the next season, but the massive lack of resolution for anyone but Rachel was just stupid.

Only good things about the episode were Bert's dancing, and Rachel and Finn breaking up. Although the way they did it was both ridiculous and infuriating - Finn gets to play the good guy, and be all noble, and everyone else stands around and cheers because Rachel is that damn awesome. Seriously?

TBH, the only characters I like any more are Santana and Tina. Everyone else has just got irritating (or faded into the background even more than Tina).

I feel very disappointed - I had high hopes for this season, cause it seemed to be going so well, much more in depth and serious than the past two. But the last fwe episodes have mainly just seemed like cop outs, with a few exceptional moments.

Meh.
  19. Offline

ReputationRep:
    On E4, the episode today was Grilled Cheesus, which has Hold Your Hand by Kurt, which I actually like :O

It also has an epic song by Mercedes, she's been sooo underused!
  20. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skip_Snip)
    I have a theory

Spoiler:
    Show

The word is, Kurt goes into fashion. Maybe he's a fashion person at NYADA, and who knows more about fashion than Sarah Jessica Parker
    that's a great theory!

however, Kurt is an AMAZING singer with absolutely unique voice, performance style and attitude. he is into fashion, but no doubt his passion is Broadway, just like Rachel's.

Unpopular opinion about Rachel and NYADA:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Before I begin, I want to say that stalking NYADA representative is horrible and immoral. It doesn't teach us the lesson 'Never give up', it teaches us not to accept a defeat and demand special attention just because you, your friends, your boyfriend and parents believe that you are a star. Almost everyone's parents and friends believe that we are meant for great things and blah blah blah. People that are close to you are subjective, because they love you and they want the best for you.
    Also, season 3 was indeed a Rachel Berry show. Much like season 2 was a Kurt Hummel/Klaine show.

However, Rachel Berry is a star and deserves getting into NYADA. Before you neg rep me:

- Rachel choking is out of character. It shouldn't have happened, the girl literally performed since she was a toddler. All these 17 years of experience, numerous performances, practices every day and absolutely loving the stage AND the audience. Don't you think that all this experience would help her perform at an audition? Okay, she could have choked, forgot the words etc (although highly unlikely). What do all performers do when they screw up? They don't show it whatsoever, they continue singing like nothing happened. Also the band never stops playing as soon as a performer chokes. They continue the melody, so that a singer can pick up from where it went wrong. Yes, if that happened she probably wouldn't get in, but it is very unlikely Rachel Berry chokes.

- so, since RIB realised that they screwed up, they had to make up for it with this crazy stalking plot line. Now, assuming both Rachel and Kurt performed their best at audition, and only one of them was going to get a place, who would it be? Most likely Rachel. Both of them couldn't get in for sure, since it's like 20 places on the course and definitely thousands of applicants.

- Rachel's drive and determination have been always mentioned: never wasting a day, never loosing the focus, using every moment to sing, sing and sing, getting better and better. That's her only main thing.
    As for Kurt, he has hobbies other than singing, like fashion and design. Singing is important for him, but he doesn't take it as serious as Rachel does.

- Broadway is about acting, and while Kurt is a very talented and emotional performer, there are some roles that he will never get due to his, may I say, specialisation. There are not that many feminine male characters on Broadway, or West End for that matter, and unless he is going to work hard on this, NYADA is not for him. Rachel is not the most talented actress either, but a level above Kurt, for sure. Obviously, being a girly girl helps, but life is unfair.

Now, I love Kurt. I know that he is being disadvantaged quite a lot - all this bulling drama, Burt not being as savvy in arts as Rachel's dads - Kurt simply didn't have enough opportunities. He is unique and will always stand out - but is this what Broadway needs? He is much nicer than Rachel, but you can't always get to the top being nice. You most definitely don't give up a lead just because your boyfriend is pissed at you. You don't fail your Defying Gravity performance just because your dad got a call from some moron who called you gay. Yes, harsh, yes, not fair, but that's life.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 16, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

New on TSR

Improving your uni offer

Why now is the time to think about Adjustment

Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
x

Think you'll be in clearing or adjustment?

Hear direct from unis that want to talk to you

Get email alerts for university course places that match your subjects and grades. Just let us know what you're studying.

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.