The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Obviously no one has academically written about Glee yet

Actually, there's a girl from Tumblr who wrote an essay on Faberry, that is the Rachel/Quinn fanon ship, with a clip reel to visually support it, but I don't think she ever posted or shared any part of it. And I'm quite sure I've read about some other people who academically analyzed it (;

Those two share some glances and lines and situations that make their relationship ostensibly canon! And, oh, so many unresolved questions.

Spoiler

Original post by Ican'teven
Actually, there's a girl from Tumblr who wrote an essay on Faberry, that is the Rachel/Quinn fanon ship, with a clip reel to visually support it, but I don't think she ever posted or shared any part of it. And I'm quite sure I've read about some other people who academically analyzed it (;

Those two share some glances and lines and situations that make their relationship ostensibly canon! And, oh, so many unresolved questions.

Spoiler

Oh I'm sure people have written about it, I just mean academia-wise. So not fans themselves and not newspaper critics, etc. Like proper hardcore pop music or sociology academics. There's nothing about it as yet in pop music academia :no:
Tiz very good fun indeed! :biggrin: The reading for it is less fun though. Obviously no one has academically written about Glee yet, it being so new, which means I have to read all kinds of random things for my literature review :s-smilie:

Well if reading random things includes forums and tumblr then I'm all for it :yep:
Original post by Tahooper

Spoiler

I see you took the "No Future Spoilers" in the thread title seriously...
Oh I'm sure people have written about it, I just mean academia-wise. So not fans themselves and not newspaper critics, etc. Like proper hardcore pop music or sociology academics. There's nothing about it as yet in pop music academia :no:

If I'm not wrong, this girl followed a TV and film studies course or something along those lines, so maybe it doesn't count :tongue:
Original post by Ecosse_14
I see you took the "No Future Spoilers" in the thread title seriously...

Lmao I didn't even know what any of it meant I just typed Glee Spoilers into google and copy-pasted a few :rofl:
I love Darren Criss!!! I don't get why all my friends hate Glee though. They've never watched it yet they hate it... all they have say is that glee ruins songs but i feel that glee brought a whole new different feeling to some of the songs featured.
Original post by Ican'teven
If I'm not wrong, this girl followed a TV and film studies course or something along those lines, so maybe it doesn't count :tongue:

It would count if she's had it published? That's approaching it from a TV angle though, whereas I'm doing a Music degree :yes:

Original post by manic_fuzz
Well if reading random things includes forums and tumblr then I'm all for it :yep:

:colone: :yep: :colone:
It would count if she's had it published? That's approaching it from a TV angle though, whereas I'm doing a Music degree :yes:

:colone: :yep: :colone:

i'm pretty sure there has been academic articles written about fandom. No idea where to find them but I think they're mostly about Harry Potter fans and stuff. Worth reading though if you can find they, they might help
Original post by museobsessed
i'm pretty sure there has been academic articles written about fandom. No idea where to find them but I think they're mostly about Harry Potter fans and stuff. Worth reading though if you can find they, they might help

Oh there's def stuff about fandom, just not specifically about Glee, alas :sad:
See my PM. You might just be my new favourite person on TSR :awesome:

My tumblr is in my sig :teeth: my glee tumblr is just pictures so you won't get much. i reccomend searching glee, all the character names and all the actor names in tumblr, you'll come up with everything people are talking about right now. I could write you a quick summary of the tumblr glee fandom if you want

I'm not sure if her summary included this (I imagine it did), but on Tumblr (and probably other sites) people "role play" as the actors/characters. Like when I first posted this on my Tumblr, "Chris" and "Ryan" had a random conversation after one shared it :P I can't see them underneath my post now, maybe they deleted their comments or accounts?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Skip_Snip
I'm not sure if her summary included this (I imagine it did), but on Tumblr (and probably other sites) people "role play" as the actors/characters. Like when I first posted this on my Tumblr, "Chris" and "Ryan" had a random conversation after one shared it :P I can't see them underneath my post now, maybe they deleted their comments or accounts?

Thanks, that's really useful to know :smile:
Thanks, that's really useful to know :smile:

yeah sorry i forgot about the whole role play thing. its a lot like fanfic, but not quite. Theres so many aspects to learn about. I don't Role play which is why i forgot it, some of my friends love it though
yeah sorry i forgot about the whole role play thing. its a lot like fanfic, but not quite. Theres so many aspects to learn about. I don't Role play which is why i forgot it, some of my friends love it though

Ah no need to apologise! I've been sleeping anyway so haven't had a proper read of your wonderful contribution to my diss. My supervisor is gonna LOVE this, I can just tell :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
:gah:

Spoiler

Praise be the Murphy, for he has given us glee extras
I kinda get why they didn't include it in the final cut - all Klain fans would have died of happiness straight away :biggrin:

(also I think it should not be in a spoiler box since it's not really a spoiler :P )
Praise be the Murphy, for he has given us glee extras

Here's hoping there's more on the way. :biggrin:

Original post by trouble-trouble
I kinda get why they didn't include it in the final cut - all Klain fans would have died of happiness straight away :biggrin:

(also I think it should not be in a spoiler box since it's not really a spoiler :P )

Tue, but for some reason it stretched out my screen. I just used the spoiler box to make sure it didn't for anyone else.
Santa Baby was a bigger loss
Reply 9459
So excited for the new series guys!

This was posted from The Student Room's iP

Quick Reply

Latest