The Student Room Group

Uni Choices and selection Process! Qrestions!!

Hey, wanted to ask a qrestion on the Uni selection process.

I'm doing a BTEC National Diploma Health and Social Care, Im predicted to get 3 AAA's, 360 Ucas Pts. (I also have 40 ucas pts. for As Law)

I want to do LAW LLB so applied To Herts, 1st choice, then Kingston, London Metropolitan, East London and Bedfordshire. (Reason for Uni choice as it's closer to home).

What I'm sort of confused is after sending of my ucas form, a week later I got a offer from Herts (My 1st Choice) and from Beds (Last Choice). Though I didn't get a interview.

I wanted to ask, is Law at Hertfordshire Competitive, do they normally give out interviews for Law. And since I got an offer, was it based on my grades and personal statement.

Also want to ask some opinions, out of all my choices, which is the best uni for Law. Apart from Beds + East London, the other 4 choices are asking for 320 ucas pts.

I was tempted to apply for uni father but due to recession, and financial worries, Im starting to worry, maybe I didn't make the best choices for Uni.

As for career prospects, I like to work for the CPS or become a barrister for family court, so are these Uni wise choices.

Any Help Appreciated
Reply 1
Okaay, please don't take my word for this because I'm not entirely informed about the reputation of BTECs. Hertfordshire is ranked 58th for Law by The Times, so it's not the best for the subject. However, you appear to have the equivalent of 3As (I could be very wrong here); maybe they were so impressed by your credentials that they didn't need to interview you?
Reply 2
Well, isn't it that Law applicants do not usualyl get interviews, its mainly the scienses courses. 3 students at my school have got offers from Hertfordshire. It is a university that isn;t looking for high grades, and if your expected higher than what they are asking for they quickly tend to reply. Actually Herts had replied to every1 in my school for what ever chosen course their doing.

Latest

Trending

Trending