The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Phalanges
Well I did try a free version of "who has the biggest brain" or some other such nonsense on an iPod Touch yesterday and was told that I had a brain generations ahead of my time, so swings and roundabouts I guess. :p:

I refuse to trust a device for who the majority of apps are of the farting variety :biggrin:
Reply 21
916-CALL-TURK
I got Rocket Speed on the coin counting game BIATCH :biggrin:

its CALL-TUR bitch, / cal-turk rofl.
lol the the questions they give you for practice is deffinitely way harder than the real thing. TBH the real QR section was so easy it made me laugh, easier than GCSE dont worry, you'll do great
najeezy
its CALL-TUR bitch, / cal-turk rofl.

I was hoping people would type the K :frown:
Reply 24
ill always dial the k for you.
My UKCAT always ruins me..lol.
suzi!
Firstly, if you are using the 600 Questions book to prepare & the sample tests online, the QR questions in those are SO much harder than in the real UKCAT. I did fairly badly on those QR practice questions, but on the real UKCAT (which i sat last August) I absolutely shocked myself and got 760. In the real test the questions were A LOT easier, and you don't need to finish the section to get a good score. In fact, i would go as far as saying it's virtually impossible to finish. I got about 50% of the questions finished (and guessed the remaining 50%) on the QR section and got what i thought to be a good score.

I really do think practicing UKCAT improves your score, and the fact that you are already practicing puts you at a great advantage, because i doubt many other people will start practicing until April at the earliest. The best book to buy to prepare is definitely the 600 Question book, despite the QR questions being a bit harder than those on the real thing. I also used onexamination.com which is okay, but not amazing.

Hope this helps! Good luck :smile:

I finished it and came out with 800 :smile:
And I didn't really practice much, it was the AR that screwed up my score.

But OP, the UKCAT download thing made me want to cry, the QR was so bad. It was so much easier in the actual exam, so I shouldn't worry about it too much!
Yeah. The abstract was what got me too! Bloody shapes.
Reply 28
Rach1900
Hi,
I'm hoping to apply for GEP medicine in 2011 - Currently I work as an occupational therapist, and i reckon i have a good chance at it - if I get through the whole UKCAT bit.
In practicing, i'm fine at all areas except QR, which I just go to bits on - I did great in GCSE maths, but this is very different! Any tips or advice - Seriously worried now...??

Rach

Everyone finds the UKCAT hard. It's just something you have to go through. I came out of my UKCAT and cried :dontknow: But it worked out in the end. Just work on getting every other bit of your application perfect, and find some similar online practice tests (there's loads if you google). At least your preparing early :smile: All the best

Latest

Trending

Trending