The Student Room Group
Reply 1
TSR uses vBulletin I believe. Your question may be better answered in the About TSR forum, I think. :smile:
there's me hoping you're going to psychologically analyse a thread :smile:
divinelord
Hey guys,
I know that forums based on phpBB and V bulletin have a way of seeing all the attachements in a thread. Do you know what TSR runs on and if this is possible. Saves a lot of reading of 90 odd pages

TSR uses vBulletin 3.5 (soon-ish to be 3.8), though I don't know of a way to see a list of attachments as you describe without a vB hack being installed.
Reply 4
On vB3.8 there is a (default, I believe) feature whereby if you click on the paperclip symbol () in the thread list view/subforum listing, it opens a window with all the attachments in that thread. You can then view each attachment as you want. I assume this feature will be included when TSR upgrades.
thomasp
On vB3.8 there is a (default, I believe) feature whereby if you click on the paperclip symbol () in the thread list view/subforum listing, it opens a window with all the attachments in that thread. You can then view each attachment as you want. I assume this feature will be included when TSR upgrades.

Well, I've just tested this and it's working on the dev site, so we can probably assume so. :smile:
Reply 6
Illusionary
Well, I've just tested this and it's working on the dev site, so we can probably assume so. :smile:

Thanks for the reply.

Any chance of implementing this sooner / allowing me access to a 'alpha' of TSR :p: because this will be very usefull for me. I am on a revision thread where people (including me) have posted revision notes as attachments and I was hoping to get to them without having to read all the pages and hence saving me a considerate amount of time.
Reply 7
Hmm, don't count on it. I doubt the development site would contain posts from the live space, it'd be a complete waste. You'll have to wait until the upgrade happens methinks.
divinelord
Thanks for the reply.

Any chance of implementing this sooner / allowing me access to a 'alpha' of TSR :p: because this will be very usefull for me. I am on a revision thread where people (including me) have posted revision notes as attachments and I was hoping to get to them without having to read all the pages and hence saving me a considerate amount of time.

Anyone can join the testing team (see here) and get access to the dev site, but the threads/posts there are completely separate from those on the main site, I'm afraid. I don't think there's any chance that this specific feature would be brought in on its own in advance of v3.8 either, as all of the dev work is focussed on the upgrade at the moment.
Reply 9
Illusionary
Anyone can join the testing team (see here) and get access to the dev site, but the threads/posts there are completely separate from those on the main site, I'm afraid. I don't think there's any chance that this specific feature would be brought in on its own in advance of v3.8 either, as all of the dev work is focussed on the upgrade at the moment.

Oh well, thanks for the response. June then when I can use this feature. I remembered this being defualt in VB but perhaps i was using a more up to date version of it.

I am a developer so I can understand the hassle and problems involved. Actually did work in both phpBB and VB. I will be joining the development team - seems like a great idea.
divinelord
Oh well, thanks for the response. June then when I can use this feature. I remembered this being defualt in VB but perhaps i was using a more up to date version of it.

I am a developer so I can understand the hassle and problems involved. Actually did work in both phpBB and VB. I will be joining the development team - seems like a great idea.

I'd just like to point out that you're not joining the development team :fyi: Instead, you are joining a team which tests developments that are made by professional developers - you don't develop anything :ta: It is called "the testing team" :yes:
Yes, this feature is part of vBulletin 3.8 and at the moment is expected to be a part of TSR when the upgrade happens.

Unfortunately we won't be able to put something like this live before the rest of the upgrade/changes as it would require building from scratch for the current live site. Hope we're hoping that vB3.8 for TSR won't be too far away now. It's been taking a while to try and over come all the hacking done to TSR's code in the past, but we're getting there to give us most of the sites features with a little to no hacking of the basic code. This should mean future upgrades are much easier too, so we don't have to wait quite so long as are are doing for this one.

Latest

Trending

Trending