The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Video Games...Yeyayuh !!
Reply 81
I always do it and end up nearly falling asleep in class.

I once fell asleep in my exam.
Reply 82
Rome1977
I always do it and end up nearly falling asleep in class.

I once fell asleep in my exam.

Lightweight.
Reply 83
lareneg

I actually find that in the morning after an all nighter I'm more alert and work better... so it might work for you. But as I said, if you haven't tried it before now isn't a good time to experiment! I can guarantee you'll feel absolutely awful in the afternoon. (You'll feel tired and slightly sick unless you take regular caffeine)

I find the same actually. It takes me so long to come round in the morning that, despite sleep, I'm like some kind of drunk person most of the time... Today I got up at 4pm (went to bed at like 6... oops :p: ) and even at 4pm I felt groggy and tired and like I could have slept another 5 years... lol. My sleeping pattern is shot though... and all I dream about now is accounts and, strangely enough today, raccoons???! LOL!

I've got a 2pm exam tomorrow and I think I'm in deep trouble... unlikely I'll get any kind of normal sleep (i will try and get a few hours though). Would have tried to have got up earlier so I felt tireder now but I did that yesterday and I still couldn't get to sleep til like 6/7am... just lie there with my mind racing listening to my mum load the washing machine... oh fun times!!

So yeah... you're probably in a better state than me. I'd give a lot to have a morning exam and I would pull an all nighter but the success of that tactic only usually works if you get up really late the day before (i.e. today), you have a few hours 'rest'... not sleep necessarily but around 3 hours sleep is always good, and caffeine like pro plus can help.

Good luck btw. :smile:
Stalin
Yes, but make sure you have caffeine, otherwise you'll collapse at about 2pm and start feeling extremely dizzy and/or sick.

Well I haven't collapsed yet lol and it's half 4. I have drunk 2L of water though, should I be worried? :P

Harlequin Jester
Really don't do it. I've done it before a mock exam and after a few hours I couldn't concentrate on the revision anyway then did badly in the test. Can't you get up at six and do a few hours before you go?

I seriously struggle to get up in the morning, even when I have exams. I nearly missed an exam at 9 last Wednesday, had 10 hours sleep, still slept through my alarm :s-smilie: I just can't convince my body/find enough willpower to get up before 7.30.

poiuytrew
I did it last week before an exam and it was soo helpful.
I recommend you use either energy drinks (such as red bull, relentless, kick etc) or pro-plus as an aid. :biggrin:

I pulled an all nighter once, I think it was a history essay (lol seems so trivial now) and was on proplus, at school next day I was like a zombie, felt a bit numb. Couldn't fall asleep because my mind was buzzing. Not good.

At the moment I'm feeling pretty good. I plan to sleep through lunch in the library (they bought huuge bean bags!) possibly through any non important lessons I may have and go to bed at 9pm. I just really don't want to retake this in the summer, so I'm stepping up my game lol. The thing is, I know all the stuff when I mark what I've done, but end up getting a B/C :/ so really it's drumming it in. Thanks for all your help guys, I didn't reply sooner because I turned off my internet to stop me procrastinating. THIS WORKS SO WELL. Who'd a thunk it. Two cups of tea, 2L of water, an apple banana and 2 kitkats later I've really not done too badly for myself :smile: Definitely won't make this a habit though.
I'm pulling it right now. :biggrin:
Many times, I often used to go to school without having slept. Kills concentration levles, nodding while pretending to listen is no use at all. Shame I can't turn back the clock really. Should really go to sleep now tbh... 4:42 am.. ahh ohh well...
Quite a few.

The most memorable was when I stayed up all night, went for lunch with my best friend (who happened to bring a mate along) and was so tired by 8pm that I fell asleep at the table in the pub.

Turned out the friend thought that was really cute and 1 month later became my boyfriend :biggrin:
Reply 88
I used to do it when I was at school every now and then and it wasn't that bad. Unless you mean you're only staying up all night to study for something you should have been studying for in advance - and only if you had to study for it anyway. I used to do it when I'd be sitting there at 4am and start to realize that I'd be awake in three hours time anyway, and that sleeping for three hours would just make me feel terrible when I did wake up. However, sleeping in school during private study was always a good way to combat this.
I did the C2 exam without sleeping, been into school a few times (not too many) without sleep.
Reply 90
yeh but i might sleep a bit later.
Malsy
yeh but i might sleep a bit later.

lol same,
Reply 92
Anonymous0155
lol same,

lol. exam in afternoon? and lol at kenan and kel:biggrin:
Malsy
lol. exam in afternoon? and lol at kenan and kel:biggrin:

no exam in the morning :smile: watching anime though, taking my mind of the rejections last week
Reply 94
Anonymous0155
no exam in the morning :smile: watching anime though, taking my mind of the rejections last week

oh oright. well good luck :hugs:
:smile:
Pulling one today but i'll end up going bed early today.

Anonymous0155

Do you happen to be also watching the live stream of DBZ? :biggrin:
Reply 96
my sleeping pattern is very odd.

At the moment I'm going to bed about 3pm and getting up about 11pm. But I seem to be on a 30 hour day cycle.
Reply 97
I'm just a complete nocturnal creature :laugh:

I take loads of all-nighters, my body seems to cope quite well.....saying that, it takes a good 15 hour sleep to recover from one!

Probably my worst was for my English exam on Friday: I woke up at 12pm on the Thursday, revised, watched tv, etc until my exam at 3pm Friday. That finished at 5pm, so i'd been up for 29 hours by then. I came home, had some food, and went to the cinema. Got back home at 10pm, watched TV, computer, etc etc until 3am...went to bed :laugh: :laugh:

That was 39 hours....geezus, sounds awful, but strangely enough my body wasn't too affected. It went in cycles to be honest, i'd have a sluggish hour but then perk up for the next 2, repeat. Think the caffine helped!

But i wouldn't recommend it to anyone, get a good nights kip - my body clock is buggered!
Reply 98
I'm currently all-nightering now. Dunno how I'm going to make it through college, though. :mmm:
doing it right now

Latest