The Student Room Group

Mature student 2010 entry thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by josh_v
Im starting at Birmingham in September. Looking forward to it.

Bristol is a great student city, a lot of opportunity to get out there and enjoy yourself. and i know people who studied in Manchester and really enjoyed it.

Do you already have A-Levels required to apply?

Ahh well done, should be awesome!

Yeah I've heard a lot of good things from people I know about both cities, any big city will be amazing though I reckon.

Yea I repeated a couple of exams last year so I have my A levels sorted really, it's just getting my head around the age thing now.
hi :}

name is 'Lexis, 24, and finishing B.a. in intl relations in south Florida usa

am looking into doing graduate school abroad, specifically at Univ of Geneva if possible

I can maybe help anyone who has questions about their summer travel here or studying here

all the best
Original post by Beholden
Hi all,

21 here but will be 22 starting my course. I applied for Civil Engineering at Liverpool, Nottingham Trent, Salford, Liverpool John Moores & Surrey. I got accepted everywhere except Surrey and will be following my dream of attending Liverpool this year.

They asked me to do a foundation year which I'm quite happy to do as it'll ease me back into higher mathematics. Since finishing A Levels (Product Design A, ICT D, Chem U (AS), Physics D (AS) & 3D Design C (AS) I started work as a Civil Engineering technician focused on designing highways while I did a BTEC National Certificate in Civil Engineering part-time (Double Merit).

Hey, I'm 24 and althoigh I have A-levels, I am looking to get into Civil Engineering via a different route, as I don't feel so confident going straight into university after such a long break.

I was looking at getting a job as a civil engineering technician and studying part-time for a BTEC as you did but have no idea how to get into it. I know that there are a few apprenticeships around, but I would be grateful if you could tell me how you got your technician job as I'm not too familiar with this alternative route.

Many Thanks:smile:
just gone to my local college to enroll on the access course for social sciences after already being told that i was on the course. then they actually payed more attention and saw i was only 18 and told me i was not on the course. my birthday is September the 11th when the course actually starts on the 12th. So does that mean im going to miss out on getting to university because i wasn't born 10 days earlier? thanks in advance for any advice
Just resurrecting this thread as now it's time for us 2010 entrants to pack up our books and look to the future. Personally, I wouldn't have missed it for the world and I'm glad that I waited to take this journey. I found 2nd and 3rd years were a lot more challenging (obviously!) but really found my feet in 3rd year. Plus I'm even considering applying for a masters! So, how was everyone's university experience?

Quick Reply