The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

revisionnightmare
Bla bla, totally conflicting "facts" and utterly unfounded racist drivel

Leaving out all the other inconsistencies and ridiculous assertions in your post, anybody with an ounce of critical reading skills could tell you that at least one half of your post must be false to the best of your knowledge, as if your aunt is actually a GP then the last time she set foot in a maternity ward would be when she was in medical school.
All of your 'evidence' there, matey, is anecdotal, and I was genuinely looking forward to a decent point in that post. GET OUT.
Reply 62
people who immigrate should at least make an effort to mix in, it's fine showing their own culture but it's better to mix the two. Personally I think someone who has moved here who goes to work paying taxes and abiding the law is better than someone born here who stays at home on benefits with no skills ranting on about others taking their jobs.
Reply 63
JPKent
Women having to completely cover up, prohibition of alcohol, people being stoned to death.

You're right, Sharia Law does sound like a bit of a giggle.

Living in a predominantly Muslim country doesn't necessitate living under Sharia....e.g. Turkey.
AntiMonarchist
Piss off back to Austria

I am French, thank you very much. I will live in this country and who knows? Perhaps one day i'll be you Prime Minister, wouln't you love that? :yep:
Reply 65
revisionnightmare
I Apparently 45% of all races having babies are Muslim. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how quickly this will become a problem.

Muslim is not a race its a religion called Islam MORON !! Surely being middle class and educated you would know have known that basic Religious Education GCSE.

Not all Muslims are non white. Surely being educated at middle class institution about human geography you would know that.

If your stats are correct how do you know these so called Muslim race are White English people that hav converted to Islam ????

A 'well off' Muslim family who could afford maids, butlers etc in their country, came here with 4 children to get them into British schools in order to give them a good education and go far in life back home. 2 of them were attending very competitive schools in this country. ie, taking away places for some children who would have stayed here after their education. The economic consequences of immigration are going to get very serious if this keeps going.

Well I think you could consider that 45% increase in non white births is due to the fact British people are moving abroad ?

Spain , Dubai , Greece, France, Morocco all you see on those programmes is people re-locating to other countries ? And what about all those countries having there hospitals filled with non-native patients and British pregnant mothers ? And there school places taken up by British people who have rubbed a few pennies together and due to the currency exchange think their rich in these countries ? When in fact people on those shows are working class people claiming to be middle class but you can clearly see that their working class through there intelligence or lack of it. COUGH COUGH
Reply 66
Alex003
I hope Muslims take over, and immigrants take over this country, it would be funny to see.!!!

Ever wondered why British people might not consider you to be British?
Reply 67
Ewan

Non-white muslim =/= immigrant.

Two facepalm's don't cut it.
Rule Britannia!
I am French, thank you very much. I will live in this country and who knows? Perhaps one day i'll be you Prime Minister, wouln't you love that? :yep:

You have to admit it was a good guess though bro
Reply 69
revisionnightmare
I have always been fairly left-wing, supporting immigration, going on about how ethnic minorities should not be discriminated against, immigration wasn't too big of a problem etc. Often I waved off conversations about the extent of immigration, the loss of the nation's identity and grim predictions such as Britain becoming a Muslim country in the next 100 years, and the like, seeing them as over the top comments made out of ignorance.

Over the past few weeks however, I've really started noticing how serious the situation is. My aunt works as a GP in a 'walk in' centre in Buckinghamshire, and she has always voted labour and defended immigration. I was alarmed when she sat at a dinner table over Christmas and for about half an hour spoke about how:

1) Hours and hours of time and money are wasted on the NHS due to first generation immigrants from all places visiting 3 or 4 times per month for absolutely absurd things such as a cough, arguing with health professionals about the best treatment, demanding antibiotics despite being told they won't help. Then coming out with absurd comments about how 'Britain owes it to (insert country) for what you 150 years ago' Furthering the point, apparently figures from last month at this practise (situated in a town in which 80% of the population is supposedly white) 80% of patients were not from this country.

2) On maternity wards you can almost guarentee that the parents will not be white. Apparently 45% of all races having babies are Muslim. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how quickly this will become a problem.

After said conversation, I decided to pay more attention to what is going on around us, and that's when it hit me. Half this damn country isn't white anymore. I was in a train station last night with over 30 people in queues for tickets. I was the only white person. In town earlier this morning, the same story. I literally felt like a minority in what is supposed to be a Christian country.

I doubt anyone watched it, but Muslim driving school illustrated a point to me which really got me thinking. A 'well off' Muslim family who could afford maids, butlers etc in their country, came here with 4 children to get them into British schools in order to give them a good education and go far in life back home. 2 of them were attending very competitive schools in this country, ie, taking away places for some children who would have stayed here after their education. The economic consequences of immigration are going to get very serious if this keeps going.

It's all well and good for us middleclass kids to sit around claiming that there isn't a problem with immigration. But there sure as hell is. I have no problem with immigrants. But I think the gates need closing now and there needs to an appeal to a lot of these people (first generation who have been here for under 5 years) to go home. Things are getting way out of hand.

Thanks to youe Labour voting family we now have this problem , And its good to see you have opened your eyes and seen the extent of immigration
effofex
Living in a predominantly Muslim country doesn't necessitate living under Sharia....e.g. Turkey.

You think a majority muslim population wouldn't call for Sharia law?
Reply 71
Qaz25
Because that's what I see British culture as being. It's either this or you can go way back to Anglo-Saxon culture and live like savages (that's true British culture).

Pakistan is still full of savages.
Reply 72
35mm_
You think a majority muslim population wouldn't call for Sharia law?

Whether or not they call for it is irrelevant. A bill would need to be drafted and passed through parliament. Even the monarch could exercise right of veto. I'm not a Muslim myself but I live in a part of London with many Muslims and haven't felt any 'obligation' or coercion to convert. As a non-believer, I don't feel under any kind of threat. I can't see what the issue is.
Reply 73
Meagz
Pakistan is still full of savages.

Which part of Pakistan? It's a relatively new, multiethnic country.

I'm pretty sure there's a damn huge gap between downtown Rawalpindi and Balochistan.

So which bit of Pakistan are you referring to (where the savages are!)?
Reply 74
I've got no sense of British identity, really, nor do I particularly like it here, but I'm white, and middle class, I guess, and born in Sheffield. I never know, really, if people are immigrants or born citizens or whatever: nor do I particularly mind. I care much about them as a person than as an identity.

Not that, you know, I'm apathetic about things. I care about most things: but immigration, eh. I find it hard to engage with that one.
Reply 75
Originally Posted by revisionnightmare
I Apparently 45% of all races having babies are Muslim. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how quickly this will become a problem.

Muslim is not a race its a religion called Islam MORON !! Surely being middle class and educated you would know have known that basic Religious Education GCSE.

Not all Muslims are non white. Surely being educated at middle class institution about human geography you would know that.

If your stats are correct how do you know these so called Muslim race are White English people that hav converted to Islam ????

A 'well off' Muslim family who could afford maids, butlers etc in their country, came here with 4 children to get them into British schools in order to give them a good education and go far in life back home. 2 of them were attending very competitive schools in this country. ie, taking away places for some children who would have stayed here after their education. The economic consequences of immigration are going to get very serious if this keeps going.

Well I think you could consider that 45% increase in non white births is due to the fact British people are moving abroad ?

Spain , Dubai , Greece, France, Morocco all you see on those programmes is people re-locating to other countries ? And what about all those countries having there hospitals filled with non-native patients and British pregnant mothers ? And there school places taken up by British people who have rubbed a few pennies together and due to the currency exchange think their rich in these countries ? When in fact people on those shows are working class people claiming to be middle class but you can clearly see that their working class through there intelligence or lack of it. COUGH COUGH
Reply 76
effofex
Which part of Pakistan? It's a relatively new, multiethnic country.

I'm pretty sure there's a damn huge gap between downtown Rawalpindi and Balochistan.

So which bit of Pakistan are you referring to (where the savages are!)?

The 'bit' where they actively recruit Taliban fighters.
Reply 77
LOL fool, since when was islam a race? about '45% of all races having babies are muslim' i beg you get your facts right

oh and buckinghamshire? tell your auntie to come to london, she'll probably faint
Reply 78
Frieza
I love how little kids complain about the "state" that is supposely "wasting money" on immigrants. It just shows that you don't have a clue of even the basic economic concepts.

The state wastes huge amounts of money on immigrants; houses, schooling, NHS, benefits and the like. We see very little of the benefits of this, as often the people have such low paying jobs, if they have jobs at all, as to not cover their own costs to the taxpayer. Please explain how this is not "wasting money." Added to that you have the disproportionate number of crimes committed by immigrants (a fact, not a racist slur), the amount spent on translators and interpreters, etc etc.

Migration is great, but we are a very small island and there simply is not enough space or money to keep supporting everyone who wants to come. It says something that they are prepared to travel from Iran/Iraq/Turkey etc by road - ie through France, Spain, Belgium et al, to get to the UK. Our system is too soft and needs hardening up. Hence the rise of the BNP, which, thankfully has woken up the main parties to the consequences on the economy, and on the British working and middle classes that unchecked immigration has to the country. It was a behind the scenes labour policy to open the doors to everybody, and in a few years time they will rue the day that that policy was introduced.
Reply 79
To some extent I agree with op. I think that they should make reasons for immigrating to the UK tougher like in some countries where you have to have the right skills to be favoured to be granted citizenship. Any person from any country/religion should have to go through a tougher process. For example, my mum had to work damn hard to become a citizen back in the day, including mixing in with locals and working hard to prove she that deserved to become a citizen.

cz100
people who immigrate should at least make an effort to mix in, it's fine showing their own culture but it's better to mix the two. Personally I think someone who has moved here who goes to work paying taxes and abiding the law is better than someone born here who stays at home on benefits with no skills ranting on about others taking their jobs.

And i agree, people who immigrate should work harder to mix in. If you think about it, if i moved to Japan for example, i won't shy away from the Japanese culture, i would learn the language and try to embrace the culture