Thank you

Never used it, but this site has a review http://www.ibdamned.com/tag/biology
Reply 2
Glitzey
Does anyone use it?
Is it helpful and clear?
Does it contain SL and HL ?
Thank you

Yep, I have it. It's great. Contains and fallows the syllabus step by step :yep:

But what do you mean by "Does it contain SL and HL?" It's called "Pearson Baccalaureate: Higher Level Biology for the IB Diploma". Emphasis on HIGHER LEVEL. :p: :rolleyes:

There's another red version for SL Biology. The SL people at my school have the red one, HL people have the orange one.
I use the green and orange oxford books. they're perfect. all you need to know is the green book and the horribly thick orange book helps you understand the concepts.
Reply 4
bemusedcapybara
I use the green and orange oxford books. they're perfect. all you need to know is the green book and the horribly thick orange book helps you understand the concepts.

I have the orange one, it doesn't seem to cover some things in enough detail.
Reply 5
bemusedcapybara

This is what I do aswell. The Green book is made for the exams to a greater extent.
Glitzey
I have the orange one, it doesn't seem to cover some things in enough detail.

the orange one is a bit weird, and i only skim through it to add details to my notes. it has a whole bunch of not-IB stuff, and a lot of details on some things, and not a lot of details on the other stuff you need. so you shouldn't make it your go-to biology book. the green one is the one that you should get, that's what i recommend.
Reply 7
bemusedcapybara
the orange one is a bit weird, and i only skim through it to add details to my notes. it has a whole bunch of not-IB stuff, and a lot of details on some things, and not a lot of details on the other stuff you need. so you shouldn't make it your go-to biology book. the green one is the one that you should get, that's what i recommend.

I'd agree with this, the green one is by far superior. Orange sometimes skims over really important details asif in passing, whereas the green one is very direct and clear (it takes up considerably less pages for considerably more information in my opinion) as to what you need to be aware of.
Reply 8
Thank you so much guys! I ordered both books today! Should be here in a week (I live in Russia)
It's a quite nice book, and so is the Oxford book.

The link that toblerone93 posted is actually my website (http://www.ibdamned.com/tag/biology) , and they are my reviews, so I won't bother reposting them here

I'm not sure if you've heard of the 'Biology for the IB Diploma' by Clegg, but it too is a very very good book, it's actually my favourite out of the Biology books posted on IBDamned.com, you can checkout my reasons why on the site :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending