The Student Room Group

Is this respectable extra curricular

I was in the rugby team from year 7 to year 9, but not after that because I wasn't built for Rugby. I was in the football team from year 7 to year 10, and not after that for the same reason. I may not make the cricket team this year either, but I'l probably be in it in 6th form, by then it'll be too late to put on my PS :frown:

Will most universities count this as being part of a team, and will I be disadvantaged compared to somebody who was in the first XI/XV for these sports?

Also, I don't think I'll be made a house captain next year (year 11) but I think that there's a strong chance that I'll be deputy house captain, simply due to the fact that the guy who'll be captain is ridiculously suited to the job. Will this be enough of a show of responsbilty/leadership?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah sure, mention it all, they're all relevant experiences
Reply 2
No, sports teams when you were 11 - 13/14?

Doesn't everyone have that?

I'd say you need something more exciting tbh.
Reply 3
I can run 400m in 47 seconds flat, and i'm 16, would this count?
Reply 4
LiamSwainy
No, sports teams when you were 11 - 13/14?

Doesn't everyone have that?

I'd say you need something more exciting tbh.

:frown: FFS

Are sports teams really necessary? Other examples of teamwork I can think of are D of E, if I become a school monitor (prefect) then I'll be in a team with other monitors.

That's about it
Reply 5
No they aren't ... I don't know who told you that.
Music isn't either.

My profile?

-Army Cadets 4 years
-Job as a Phlebotomist in Heart & Chest Hospital
-Volunteered in local A&E 10 months or so
-Charity Shop for a while
-Tutored maths to kids hoping to do my grammar school's admissions test
-school prefect
-Work experience with Cardiac surgeon, a few GPs and community health teams like nurses and physios.

Just some ideas ..
LiamSwainy
No they aren't ... I don't know who told you that.
Music isn't either.

My profile?

-Army Cadets 4 years
-Job as a Phlebotomist in Heart & Chest Hospital
-Volunteered in local A&E 10 months or so
-Charity Shop for a while
-Tutored maths to kids hoping to do my grammar school's admissions test
-school prefect
-Work experience with Cardiac surgeon, a few GPs and community health teams like nurses and physios.

Just some ideas ..

Toot, toot.
Reply 7
sports isnt necessary at all, this will all become apparent when you see some of the spanners who get into med school.
Reply 8
How can you not be built for football or rugby? The big bruisers go into kicking lumps out of each other rugby, and the people who actually have talent go into football. Simples.
Reply 9
RollerBall
Toot, toot.

Witty banter, love it!
Phalanges
How can you not be built for football or rugby? The big bruisers go into kicking lumps out of each other rugby, and the people who actually have talent go into football. Simples.

I used to be a cracking keeper till everyone else grew and I didn't. It ain't fun getting lobbed all the time.

When I eventualy caught up in height I was too far behind. Now I just occasionally play for my sisters boyfriends 5 a side. Not the same though...

Sadface...
Reply 11
It doesn't matter if you do 600 things or 2 things.

It's what you learn/gain skills from that counts.

:yy:
RollerBall
I used to be a cracking keeper till everyone else grew and I didn't. It ain't fun getting lobbed all the time.

When I eventualy caught up in height I was too far behind. Now I just occasionally play for my sisters boyfriends 5 a side. Not the same though...

Sadface...

When I first read that I thought you had said you sometimes played for your sister's 5 a side team. Thank god I misread it.
Phalanges
When I first read that I thought you had said you sometimes played for your sister's 5 a side team. Thank god I misread it.

I ain't that short :P.
RollerBall

Or that effeminate, one would hope. :holmes:
Ah, just go steal some Olympic medals... It's all the rage in medicine applications nowadays :colone:
Reply 16
RollerBall

I read it as you play for your boyfriend's 5 a side team...:rolleyes:
Wata
I can run 400m in 47 seconds flat, and i'm 16, would this count?

"I'll get round the hospital quicker than anyone else. Pick me :biggrin: !"
Who's N?
I read it as you play for your boyfriend's 5 a side team...:rolleyes:

Phalanges
Or that effeminate, one would hope. :holmes:

I know I'm about as masculine as my sister but c'mon. Froiden slips all over the place.
Reply 19
You don't need to be good at sport to be a doctor =/ And there are like a million other ways to show good team skills, not just sport.

I haven't played on a team since I was like 13... (god that makes me feel old -_-; )

Latest

Trending

Trending