The Student Room Group

St Andrew, Edinburgh, Glasgow

Mathematics.

For top Scottish University applicants

What are the average grades of A students. I mean those students that usually get As and 100%s in class what do they archive on average in A-levels and how many A-levels do they undertake?

To be clearer what is the average needed to be accepted. Say does AAAA* is enough (not the first three A are of a different board where the highest mark is an A and only ~4% of applicants get it)

If you can link me to some statistics that'll be nice of you!
Thanks!
Reply 1
Scottish students don't do A levels, they do Highers. The required grades for Glasgow are:

Entry requirements

Typical offer
Highers: ABBB, preferably with two science subjects
A-levels: ABB, preferably with two science subjects
IB: 32 points including three science subjects

Faster route degree entry requirements
Applicants with AAA grades in appropriate Advanced Highers or A-levels, or International Baccalaureate with 6,6,5 at Higher Level in appropriate subjects and at least 38 points overall, will be considered for our Faster Route degree programmes where available.

I'm sure you are capable of looking up the required grades for the other two universities. Anyone with those grades are in with a chance of a place.
Reply 2
TheOneWho
Scottish students don't do A levels, they do Highers. The required grades for Glasgow are:

Entry requirements

Typical offer
Highers: ABBB, preferably with two science subjects
A-levels: ABB, preferably with two science subjects
IB: 32 points including three science subjects

Faster route degree entry requirements
Applicants with AAA grades in appropriate Advanced Highers or A-levels, or International Baccalaureate with 6,6,5 at Higher Level in appropriate subjects and at least 38 points overall, will be considered for our Faster Route degree programmes where available.

I'm sure you are capable of looking up the required grades for the other two universities. Anyone with those grades are in with a chance of a place.

I practically know that by memory :lol:
I'm just trying to convince myself. I'm not in for a fiasco.

Thanks anyway.
Reply 3
i would say that probably everyone who has more than the entry requirements would get offers for maths at edinburgh or glasgow. at st andrews though you might need a bit extra with your application.

Latest