The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
MulderMan
I only have experience with vegetarian food, and that is generally quite bad.

No, UCL students aren't together, its all mixed.

Sometimes there are all boy/girl floors.

Thank you that's really helpful.

Does anyone have any experience of what life is like generally in the Intercollegiate Halls at all?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 21
chronicles
Erms can I ask. Connaught Hall sounds really great but are bathrooms really shared between 18-25 people :-O Are the bathrooms in a terrible condition everyday? I kind of went to this hostel in France and the bathrooms were....let's just say several people chose not to bathe the 2 nights we spent there.

this might answer your question :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/connaughthall/3691881974/
Did anybody try and specify "Please consider placing me in xxxxx Hall" on their form?
If so, where did you put it?

And any suggestions of which factor would be most important to me if I want Ramsay?
Catered or Proximity to UCL?

This form is a biatch! :frown:
Reply 23
MessyEater
Did anybody try and specify "Please consider placing me in xxxxx Hall" on their form?

And any suggestions of which factor would be most important to me if I want Ramsay?

I only saw that people put notes at the bottom after i sent mine off.

I am hoping for Max Rayne, as I will have a chance to ride my bicycle to uni everyday haha
Reply 24
MessyEater

So true...
I've tried filling it in like 3 times since December, and I've given up each time. I can't make up my mind on the accomodation I want/like
Lil' Flo
So true...
I've tried filling it in like 3 times since December, and I've given up each time. I can't make up my mind on the accomodation I want/like

:eek:

I only got my offer a couple of weeks ago! My interview was rather late in the scheme of things!
I really like Ramsay as do most people it seems. :frown:
Sucks we can't put preferences! I've filled it out now, just have to find my nearest Swiss post office to send it off international stylee.
Reply 26
MessyEater

I only got my offer a couple of weeks ago! My interview was rather late in the scheme of things!
I really like Ramsay as do most people it seems. :frown:
Sucks we can't put preferences! I've filled it out now, just have to find my nearest Swiss post office to send it off international stylee.

I've actually been/lived in Ramsay, even before most of the first-years on here. But only for a week during a taster course in June/July, and it isn't really representative of living there in the full swing of term. Hoswver, it was quite nice - better bathrooms than I have seen in Cambridge, that's for sure!
Lil' Flo
I've actually been/lived in Ramsay, even before most of the first-years on here. But only for a week during a taster course in June/July, and it isn't really representative of living there in the full swing of term. Hoswver, it was quite nice - better bathrooms than I have seen in Cambridge, that's for sure!

Interesting! Just got to hope for the best really come September!
I'm excited all the same. :smile:
Reply 28
Guys you can't choose your Halls preferences can you? Like I'm not mssing something on the form?? Apart from intercollegiate obviously.

I'm going to have nightmares over ending up sharing a room. :biggrin:

Ramsay/Astor College FTW though!
CMJBGBWC
Guys you can't choose your Halls preferences can you? Like I'm not mssing something on the form?? Apart from intercollegiate obviously.

I'm going to have nightmares over ending up sharing a room. :biggrin:

Ramsay/Astor College FTW though!

No your not missing anything! Some people just write cheeky notes in the margins on the form!
Reply 30
I need some advice

I have a stomach condition, meaning there are one or two types of food I should avoid e.g. cheese

but I reeeeeally don't want to go self-catered, cos Im worried I just won't be able to feed myself :P

so Im toying with the idea of going for an intercollegiate hall - College Hall/Connaught

does anyone know the extent of the facilities in their "tea pantries", should the need occasionally arise for me to cater for myself?
KTW
I need some advice

I have a stomach condition, meaning there are one or two types of food I should avoid e.g. cheese

but I reeeeeally don't want to go self-catered, cos Im worried I just won't be able to feed myself :P

so Im toying with the idea of going for an intercollegiate hall - College Hall/Connaught

does anyone know the extent of the facilities in their "tea pantries", should the need occasionally arise for me to cater for myself?

Microwave. Mini-hob-thing. Kettle. Fridge. Used to have a toaster but they got taken away cause one spontaneously combusted.
Reply 32
I have a question
Do you HAVE to put preferences for intercollegiate halls even if you put self-catering as your first preference in part 23 of the form
Lil' Flo
I have a question
Do you HAVE to put preferences for intercollegiate halls even if you put self-catering as your first preference in part 23 of the form

Nope.
Reply 34
MulderMan
Nope.

Thank you. Now I can finish this bad boy...
Which would you guys pick? College Hall or Connaught Hall?
chronicles
Which would you guys pick? College Hall or Connaught Hall?

College. It seems like most people have put College and Connaught for their preferences. I put College and International but I have absolutely no idea why I chose International...
Bit of a rushed decision there I fear..
If you have the money, College.
If not, Connaught.
Reply 38
I'd have put College down if I could afford it, but meh, I can't. :biggrin: I really can't justify spending that much money! But if you're loaded, **** it, why not.
Hm, well is the system based on first come first served? I firmed my offer but I've yet to receive any accommodation booklets from UCL.

So do we send in the application form to UCL after we've received the offer letter by post? Or we could print the form right now and just send it over anyway? It's April now and I'm a bit panicky especially since I'm an international student so God knows how long it takes for the mail to arrive in London. Much help appreciated <3

Latest

Trending

Trending