The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
cherriedpie
Hm, well is the system based on first come first served? I firmed my offer but I've yet to receive any accommodation booklets from UCL.

So do we send in the application form to UCL after we've received the offer letter by post? Or we could print the form right now and just send it over anyway? It's April now and I'm a bit panicky especially since I'm an international student so God knows how long it takes for the mail to arrive in London. Much help appreciated <3

now that you've firmed it, you can simply download the form, complete it and send it straight to London :smile:
Good luck!
oh, and it's not first come first served . you just need to send it in by the deadline.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 41
MulderMan
Microwave. Mini-hob-thing. Kettle. Fridge. Used to have a toaster but they got taken away cause one spontaneously combusted.

thanks, sounds like enough to keep me going
:smile:
welshforever92
Are you guarenteed housing if it's only an insurance?? Oh my god you sent yours of 4 weeks ago! Theres going to be nowhere decent left by the time i get all my offers back and can make my decision! Thats the one thing I dont like about UCL! The fact that loads of people have to share rooms!!

No you are not guaranteed halls at all. 2 of my friends that already live in London and only insured UCL got no accommodation due to the massive number of applicants and have to live at home. And one that did not live in London but only insured UCL.

If you don't want to share, apply to catered halls, or try to get lucky with a single self catered room. DO NOT tick the box (not sure if it is the same as last year) that says "are you willing to share a room if no single rooms available" because everyone that ticked that that I know is sharing a room. I didn't and got a single room. :biggrin:
Reply 43
logic123
wouldent be so suref that, not with the increase in applicants, which there isnt an increase in number of rooms availble.

They guarantee accommodation for your first year*, and it's an increase in applicants not in successful applicants.
I said self catered first choice, and self catered for most important factor. I can't afford it any other way. Not so over-enthusiastic about sharing though tbh...
Also, I put my maximum price as £120.75 (i couldn;t be bothered to work out my actual maximum, just worked out that the £120.75/week halls were do-able) but apparently the prices are gonna go up this year. I'm a bit worried :frown:

EDIT: *possibly only if it's your firm choice though, as with most unis.
I think someone asked this before.
If you want to apply to Ramsay, do you pick catered or close proximity to UCL as first choice? D:
cherriedpie
I think someone asked this before.
If you want to apply to Ramsay, do you pick catered or close proximity to UCL as first choice? D:

I asked and got no reply!
I sent mine off and put proximity to UCL.
Just praying for the best now.
MessyEater

It can be either, if you pick proximity there are plenty of halls in Bloomsbury. If you put catered, there is Ramsay and the Camden one.

So there is no right answer. Just pick the most important factor!
Reply 47
guys, on the application form, on question 13, asking for'previous school/university', is that the secondary school i used to go to, the college i am at now, or what? ive not been to university obviously, so what do i write down?

also theres like loads of questions i cant tick either boxes to so is it best just to leave those out?

thanks thanks thanks.
mastergo
guys, on the application form, on question 13, asking for'previous school/university', is that the secondary school i used to go to, the college i am at now, or what? ive not been to university obviously, so what do i write down?

also theres like loads of questions i cant tick either boxes to so is it best just to leave those out?

thanks thanks thanks.

I'm on a gap year, I just put my Sixth Form that I left last year!
Name wouldn't even fit in the box though! It'll just be to make sure they match your UCAS information with the right person's paper application.
Both your high school and college are on your UCAS no? So I don't think it'd be a huge mistake if you did put your high school down.

But I'd put your college :smile:
MessyEater

Ah, thanks! :biggrin:
I put proximity to UCL too.
Reply 50
just sent mine this afternoon...
Reply 51
Hey what about if i'd like an ensuite single. SHould i put single room as the most important factor or ensuite?
reneewe
Hey what about if i'd like an ensuite single. SHould i put single room as the most important factor or ensuite?

Ensuite, I don't think that a twin ensuite exists...
Reply 53
I have a question&#8230;in the bit where we have to put the types of accommodation in order of preference, do we have to write our preferred intercollegiate halls down if we don&#8217;t want to go in one? Basically I have no interest in anything other than self catered but I put my order of preference with intercollegiate halls last
J-tro
I have a question…in the bit where we have to put the types of accommodation in order of preference, do we have to write our preferred intercollegiate halls down if we don’t want to go in one? Basically I have no interest in anything other than self catered but I put my order of preference with intercollegiate halls last

No, but on the chance of you getting put in an intercollegiate hall, it would help.
Reply 55
MulderMan
No, but on the chance of you getting put in an intercollegiate hall, it would help.

Ta. I might have a quick look at them to see if any stand out then.
J-tro
Ta. I might have a quick look at them to see if any stand out then.

Most people would recommend Connaught Hall and College Hall if you can afford it. Have fun! I just sent mine this afternoon. :biggrin:
Reply 57
I put Connaught hall as my first choice, College hall was a bit expensive though.
Seriously regretting putting International and not Connaught. I really cannot even remember why. :falepalm:
Reply 59
MessyEater
Seriously regretting putting International and not Connaught. I really cannot even remember why. :falepalm:

I obviously don’t know because I haven’t been in the situation, but I imagine that it doesn’t really matter where you’re living, I expect that the hall is insignificant in the overall experience.

…unless the hall is a real dump :zomg:

Latest

Trending

Trending