The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nafisa
Who Here Actually Supports The Royal Family ....

not me!!
Yeah, they attract tourists. But I don't like them as people.
Keep them because they're part of our country's heritage and the American tourists like to see the Queen's head on our money (it was on a BBC report a whlie ago).

But don't give them anything we don't get, unless they need it to still be the Royal Family (like give them a palace).
Reply 4
thefish_uk
Keep them because they're part of our country's heritage and the American tourists like to see the Queen's head on our money (it was on a BBC report a whlie ago).

But don't give them anything we don't get, unless they need it to still be the Royal Family (like give them a palace).

i want a palace :frown:
Reply 5
I really don't give a toss either way to be honest. They have always been there its apart of British life. However I am not for or against it.
Reply 6
Heritage, shmeritage.

I say, get rid of them... and turn Buckingham Palace into a trendy wine bar.

And as for keeping them for tourists... that's rather skewed logic. The WTC site and First World War war graves attract tourists, it doesn't mean they're good, or should be continued.
Reply 7
eric bischoff

I think we should all plot to overthrow the royal family...agree?
Alec
Heritage, shmeritage.

I say, get rid of them... and turn Buckingham Palace into a trendy wine bar.

And as for keeping them for tourists... that's rather skewed logic. The WTC site and First World War war graves attract tourists, it doesn't mean they're good, or should be continued.

More Tourists = More money.
eric bischoff

You want a palace?

You just need to wait till The Revolution, and you shall get a palace.
Two people have voted "YES- I LOVE ALL OF THEM".

I don't see how anybody could seriously say "YES- I LOVE ALL OF THEM" without being sarcastic.
thefish_uk
Two people have voted "YES- I LOVE ALL OF THEM".

I don't see how anybody could seriously say "YES- I LOVE ALL OF THEM" without being sarcastic.

I did. But then again there was no inbetween...
Reply 12
i don't really care if they are stay or not. They are a part of history but they don't have the same role(in terms of power) now as then. in fact what are they doing?
Reply 13
happysunshine
More Tourists = More money.

But how much is our economy already being damaged by us being perceived as a nation stuck in the past with a useless tier of hierarchy?
Reply 14
Alec
But how much is our economy already being damaged by us being perceived as a nation stuck in the past with a useless tier of hierarchy?

Exactly, down with them! down with them!
We should all meet up at buckingham palace at midnight and overthrow the buggers
Alec

It doesn't cost that much. America has to keep all their past presidents. And Americans love the royals... our country would seem so modern and non historic without them.
Reply 16
happysunshine
It doesn't cost that much. America has to keep all their past presidents. And Americans love the royals... our country would seem so modern and non historic without them.

we will do perfectly fine without them...other countries do
happysunshine
And Americans love the royals... our country would seem so modern and non historic without them.

Yeah.

The Americans have next to no history that they don't actually share with another country.
Reply 18
happysunshine

Modernity = dynamism = thriving economy.

And Presidency isn’t a useless tier of hierarchy in the US. The Royals here effectively count for zilch.
No.

Latest