The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Accommodation at Swansea

Scroll to see replies

Vezy
Hey, can someone tell me if Cas105 is on the first or second floor please? :biggrin: Thanks

First :smile: As in ground, 1, 2 etc
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 161
Thank you! :smile:
Reply 162
hey, we're supposed to bring a "key collection sheet", what is this exactly? is it just the "acceptance of offer of accomodation" page printed out?
The one with your name/student number/accomodation/address etc on it?
Reply 163
tez.
hey, we're supposed to bring a "key collection sheet", what is this exactly? is it just the "acceptance of offer of accomodation" page printed out?
The one with your name/student number/accomodation/address etc on it?

Yes that's it I believe, that's what it says anyway.

Or looking back on my emails, the one titled "You have successfully accepted your allocation for accommodation‏" also says it's the key collection sheet. Maybe print out both if you still have the email just incase?
Reply 164
d0000dle

Or looking back on my emails, the one titled "You have successfully accepted your allocation for accommodation‏" also says it's the key collection sheet. Maybe print out both if you still have the email just incase?

I've got both printed off just incase.
Reply 165
d0000dle

Yeah I didn't get that email cause of a mishap with me being able to access my email account, thanks anyway. Does it have any information different to the other sheet? ta.
Reply 166
tez.
Yeah I didn't get that email cause of a mishap with me being able to access my email account, thanks anyway. Does it have any information different to the other sheet? ta.

It just has links for more info:
www.swansea.ac.uk/accommodation/NewStudents/ArrivingatYourAccommodation/

www.swansea.ac.uk/accommodation/GuestHouses/
Reply 167
Vezy
Hey, can someone tell me if Cas105 is on the first or second floor please? :biggrin: Thanks

You're on the first floor, the ground floor number start with a 0, one of my mates was in 007 in my first year which he thought was highly amusing, i think he even used it as a chat up line, not sure it worked though lol.
Reply 168
Currently living on the village in the houses!
Nice however the kitchen is very out dated , cuboards falling appart leaky shower and tap that doesn't turn very well!As for cleaners they come every 2 weeks in the village as its our responsibility to keep them tidy!

The other thing is there is no where where we can all watch TV/FILM together unless we all cram into one room,.....there is the kitchen but it gets boiling!and unccompfy plastic chairs!

I am a nursing student...we were supposed to get the ones that were being updated on teh village but they were not done in time for our arriaval but were there for the new students who statred a month after us!
Original post by RAPSTER
Currently living on the village in the houses!
Nice however the kitchen is very out dated , cuboards falling appart leaky shower and tap that doesn't turn very well!As for cleaners they come every 2 weeks in the village as its our responsibility to keep them tidy!

The other thing is there is no where where we can all watch TV/FILM together unless we all cram into one room,.....there is the kitchen but it gets boiling!and unccompfy plastic chairs!

I am a nursing student...we were supposed to get the ones that were being updated on teh village but they were not done in time for our arriaval but were there for the new students who statred a month after us!

hey, i also live in the village, in one of the older houses we're all second choice in our house though, which is probably why they gave us the rubbish one!
we've had no end of problems too, no heating for a few days, one of our hot water taps in the bathroom doesn't work, our flat door has locked us in and we've had to call security to get us out! terrible! plus everything's just a bit old and rickety i guess. love having cleaners though, only wish they'd come more often
also, he fact that there's no communal room is a bit irritating, i agree
all in all though, it's not too bad, rooms are quite big compared to campus rooms i've seen - although i'd sacrifice some space for my own bathroom!
Hey guys!

Just to let you know that I'm your Community and Housing Officer for the Students' Union - so if you do have any issues in the village that you want sorting out, let me know and I can point you in the right direction.

This goes for any accomodation across swansea - village, campus or private renting! :smile:
:smile:
Reply 171
Original post by livingthedream
I'm in Preseli, anyone else?

SO AM I !!!!!

You know it says the accommodation contract starts on the 23rd, does that mean we have to move in on that date? Because freshers doesn't start until the 26th
Reply 172
Original post by smumfff
SO AM I !!!!!

You know it says the accommodation contract starts on the 23rd, does that mean we have to move in on that date? Because freshers doesn't start until the 26th

Congratulations. :smile: You should try to move in on that Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
So whats the best places for on-site residences from best to worst?
Reply 174
Hey!

I have 1 room available in an 8 bedroom house with 4 girls and 3 boys, on Eaton cresent in uplands, 15 min walk to uni. Double bedroom on the ground floor. The house has a good size lounge and kitchen, permit free parking and garden. £60 a week.

Call 07557305882
Hey has anyone who had their results yesterday received an offer for accommodation yet? x x
I've not had anything yet. I wouldn't get worried yet though, they're probably very busy.
Got my offer! Preseli 115 is that floor 1 room 15?
Reply 178
So I'm in the village, 211 / 02 anyone near me :smile: so excited only 5 weeks to go, btw I'm doing mathematics.
Reply 179
I'm doing politics and I'm on campus in Caswell CAS115! Anyone near me? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest