The Student Room Group

a little bit of stuff on Med and Biomed!

Heyy
This is for the people who took up or are planning to take up med/biomed! So i've decided to do the same even though Ive heard there's plenty competition, isnt that great :rolleyes:

Which uni have you applied to?
What were their entry standards?
Also if you were offered a conditional offer, what was it?

I'm kiind of confused because Entry standards (according to the UCAS tarrif) seem to be greater than the offer sometimes:

Ref: http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/single.htm?ipg=6643
i.e i've seen some people in imperial may have been offered a place for AAB but according to this the entry standards are greater in ucas points?

I'm aiming for these unis! Replies would be a real help, PM me if you have any information. Thaanks!
Oh and cant wait for uni! hehe bet you couldnt either :innocent:
Reply 1
Hey, I'm applying for biomed (again)!
I have had an offer from Sunderland of 220 UCAS points, so that's a backup. Northumbria wants 280 280 points.
Lancaster wanted BBC last year, so I presume it'll be that again. Newcastle wanted ABB last year but I am going through the Partners scheme this year so hopefully that'll be reduced to BCC.
I also have an interview at Hull, but I presume they will be high grades as well.
Hope this helps and good luck!
Reply 2
noodles91
I have had an offer from Sunderland of 220 UCAS points, so that's a backup. Northumbria wants 280 280 points.
Lancaster wanted BBC last year, so I presume it'll be that again. Newcastle wanted ABB last year but I am going through the Partners scheme this year so hopefully that'll be reduced to BCC.
I also have an interview at Hull, but I presume they will be high grades as well.

heyy
Are those points the conditional offers they asked for? And when they do give an offer are they based on only your AS grades? or A levels as a whole? I'm so lost! :confused:
Reply 3
Those are conditional offers and they give offers based on the whole course, so if you were to drop a subject after AS in which you attained a C grade, this would account for 40 UCAS points. If you were to continue the subject all the way through to A2 you only obtain the A2 points, which are double.
Full list:
AS:
A - 60
B - 50
C - 40
D - 30
E - 20
A2:
A - 120
B - 100
C - 80
D - 60
E - 40

Hope this helps.
noodles91

if your reapplying why are you not getting unconditionals? are you etaking exams?
where did you apply to/get an offer from last year?

sorry im nosie :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending