The Student Room Group

Question about additional science gcse?

Hey,
I was just wondering...
In core and additional science both have 16% of the gcse grade made up by an "ideas in context" exam, will this be one exam that counts towards both or two seperate ideas in context exams?

also, can I get two different grades in addition science or can i only get two of the same? because some people call it double award so is it like AA or BB etc? or could I get A*A?

cheeers :smile:
Reply 1
I am taking the same exams. :smile:

Pretty sure they are two separate papers (actually close enough certain) as I have sat my ideas in context paper fro core but still have to do my additional one.

You can get two separate grades, as they are two separate qualifications...eventhough additional is an add on.

Anymore questions feel free to ask. (Y)
You get two seperate grades.
Reply 3
Two seperate grades - like in my sig. :3
You get 2 seperate grades, both are seperate GCSEs. I found additional science way harder than core science though!!
Reply 5
thanks guys :smile:

and i'm finding it way harder too >.<
Reply 6
emma363
thanks guys :smile:

and i'm finding it way harder too >.<

It's fine, everyone finds it harder. :smile:

Additional science is like the "real" science knowledge questions whereas the core science is more about reading the questions.

Unless you want to carry on science at A level no one will be concerned about additional science.
Reply 7
-Simon-
It's fine, everyone finds it harder. :smile:

Additional science is like the "real" science knowledge questions whereas the core science is more about reading the questions.

Unless you want to carry on science at A level no one will be concerned about additional science.

ah right :smile:
well, i'm taking biology at A level but i get the biology parts of this so hopefully i'll be okay:rolleyes:
If you can find out which specification you are studying, I can provide you with more details. For AQA, this part of the exam is called 'How Science Works', the questions for which are intergrated in to the papers for Biology, Chemistry and Physics.

Core and Additional Science are two different qualifications and lead to the award of two grades. It is, of course, possible that you will achieve the same grade in both, though.

Latest