The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 1
Heys i also got an offer as well from the cornwall campus for law :smile:

I would also like to hear some opinions of people from the cornwall campus on this :biggrin: Count this as a free bump :P
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
You got an ABB offer? LUCKYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
I got an AAB offer. You think they'd still let me in with ABB?
Reply 3
Judge2009
They probably will, but the best thing would to call them and ask them directly.

Hey Snapshot13,
Have you been to Kent (Canterbury) , i got an offer from then AAB, but i haven't seen it yet. If so what did you think about it ??
Reply 4
Greencoholic
Judge2009
They probably will, but the best thing would to call them and ask them directly.

Hey Snapshot13,
Have you been to Kent (Canterbury) , i got an offer from then AAB, but i haven't seen it yet. If so what did you think about it ??

Heys Iv been to the Kent (medway) campus which has the same exact course as the Canterbury one but just at a differnt location. The course/degree its self looks realy good, lots of options.

I should be going to Cantubury very soon to check it out, but i dought that i will be able to get an AAB =/ Can onyl do my best I guess though :smile:
Reply 5
yoyo462001
If you dont make your AAB offer im almost certain they wont accept you, over the past years exeter's popularity has increased alot, and because of this they rarely take those that dont make the grades espcially for a course thats competitive.

From what I hear, Cornwall is somewhat less competitive. Their entry requirements are AAB-ABB. But if you are correct, than I am quite literally f***ed.
Reply 6
I got AAB for Geography&Politics :smile:
If you're pretty easy going and aren't addicted to city life, you should like it at Cornwall. The whole 'small community' thing always seemed a bit odd to me - yeah, you're more likely to have mutual friends with people, but it doesn't count for a huge amount. It can result in quite small friendship groups, so it's not necessarily a good thing.

If you have any ideas about traditional university stereotypes - high-minded conversations, interesting in-depth discussions, politics guilds and niche interest societies: STAY AWAY. And don't think this simple warning can be ignored, let me say again: STAY WELL WELL AWAY. Aim as high as you can, for a Warwick or Durham or Oxbridge, and keep away from here. It will not be for you. My boyfriend spent a while here and noticed how different it felt to his big-campus university. It has a very different feel, and one which can either be loved or hated.

Tremough is not Exeter. I know; I've been to both and know students from both. You WILL NOT find a mini-Exeter out here.

I've met a few scattered people who are of a more academic mindset, but they are in the minority. Most people are either just doing a degree for the sake of it, or are narrowly interested in their own area. Some people here are very able indeed, climbing league tables has seen entry standards rise no doubt, but don't expect to discuss Question Time with people or whatever. Especially not with a lot of Falmouth / Dartington / CSM students, who have their own unique cultures.

I also have to second what Spellingerror says about the academics. Some are great but many are very clearly researchers, rather than lecturers or teachers. I once had a statistics lesson begin with 'I hate being here and so do you, let's get this over with'. That's not amusing candour, that's incompetence.

I don't want to be blasted for being elitist here, I'm just speaking my mind very plainly. Some types of people feel right at home here, other types don't - take it from someone who's done three years of her education here.

Latest

Trending

Trending