:colone:
Kryptonite.
Reply 22
Battenberg
Kryptonite.

LOOOOLLL
Reply 23
I hate touching people, especially dead people
Laziness, arrogance, lack of optimism, negativity, tendency towards depression, aloofness....
Reply 25
i am addicted to wiki

also doughnuts, flubbing up, sucking me thumb at inappropriate moments, noit being albe to get up iof i been on the computer for more then ten minutes, inability to rein in me endorphins, nervous gibbering, grazing on biro pens that peeple lend me, and a past affinity for flawed chix.

also away from uni, theres loneliness at the mo hehe,
Reply 26
MoonwalkBaby
Is that something you'd say at interview though?

My old man has done a few interviews at his work; he says that taking a weakness and trying to twist it into something thats actually positive is irritating and off-putting as the interviewee isn't really answering the question. What's your take on that Oh Fabulous TSRers? :P

I agree with that, my advice is think of some that arnt very important to the job, and for each one explain about how you have recognised and are going about overcoming the weakness.

You are answering the question - it shouldnt mess you up (cos they (the weaknesses) shouldnt matter for that specific job) and it shows you are doing something about them
rosysilhouette
i cant touch type,
but ive got a disk to help me learn, and i type quite fast regardless anyway

edit: i didnt read that this was for a medicine interview sorryy

haha, somehow i feel that would definitely be a valid point, as they want to know about you, and if you feel thats a weakness, then answers the question fine :biggrin:

im a slooowww writer :/
Gizmo!
grazing on biro pens that peeple lend me,,

you sir should be a poet :p:
Reply 29
Acknowledging my weaknesses.
just say asthma....
even if the weakness isnt the best thing to say for the job its better to say it and then how you have overcome it.

ie i used to just jump straight in and not really thinkl about what i was doing first. Now i take a step back and think before i make any hasty dedisions

usually works for me :smile:
Reply 32
Fire.

*nerdgasm*

I'm forgetful =[ I can never remember set instructions and can't tell left from right.
magichearts
I think the best tip I've got for this question is to turn something negative (weakness) into a strength. For example I know my weakness is that I spend a lot of time on a single project/assignment...i guess you could call it perfectionist. But in turn, being a bit of a perfectionist means that i put 110% effort into my work and it will be accurate/well done. I think the worst part is just to dwell about your weakness and not see any positives in it. You want to "show off" yourself to the interviewer, not tell them why you shouldn't be doing medicine. No one is perfect - every one has a weakness so obviously don't tell the interviewer you have none. I hope this makes sense...

Also other weaknesses i have is that I'm lazy and procrastinate. obviously two things that i wouldn't tell the interviewer.

I wouldn't go with the perfectionist line if I were you. It is a common way to try and escape this question (people seem to think it is barely a fault), and one of the worst to claim in my experience as an interviewer and recruiter. A perfectionist is basically someone who is unable to complete something to a given quality standard with due regard for the time available, other priorities and the other members of the team. These are very serious faults (especially in an emergency situation) to an employer and such a response is quite likely to talk you out of an offer.

Trying to avoid this question, or pretending to misinterpret it, is not a good idea.
Reply 34
chocolate is definately a weakness of mine,

not sure it would be appropriate in an interview though..
Reply 35
i dunno, morgo, if i was interviewing you i'd appreciate a free bar hehe.

JordanCarroll
you sir should be a poet :p:

ahh, wat a polite reply, macca., fank you, very kind.

and plus jellybabbies and all.
Beautiful women.
Reply 37
I'd probably say chocolate to make them smile :p: (then come up with a more serious answer and explain what I'm trying to do to overcome that weakness, rather than trying to find something to say that could be seen as a strength or a weakness)
my pinky finger
Cheap beer...

Latest

Trending

Trending