The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm guessing so since if not, it would be easy to lie about your results?
This is usual procedure for any course at any university, you have to send off or turn up with proof of your results to prove you have a). What you claimed you already had b). They were the grades you said :yep:
Reply 3
Yeah, it's normal, otherwise any idiot could pitch up claiming A grades in anything they wanted. The university needs to check you're not a lying bastard, but isn't implying that you are, and nor do they suspect you (I'm guessing) It's standard, don't worry.

Unless you are a lying bastard, in which case, time to panic!
Yep, completely normal. I had to send scanned copies of my certificates in. Each university will have its own policy. I'm sure they'll be contact soon.
Reply 5
I didn't have to verify my results. Strange.
Notker

Which university do you go to?
Notker

They might ask you to take them in when you enrol. Each uni and department is different with their policies. Birmingham wanted me to bring them in on enrolment day, Nottingham said to either send scans or bring them to enrolment.

Some unis, like yours, don't ask at all which is weird to me.
Reply 8
JumpingJonny
Which university do you go to?

I went to Aarhus for my BA.
Reply 9
snoogy
They might ask you to take them in when you enrol. Each uni and department is different with their policies. Birmingham wanted me to bring them in on enrolment day, Nottingham said to either send scans or bring them to enrolment.

Seems strange to me; maybe because I had A-Levels. They were more interested in whether I was fluent in Danish.
Reply 10
I had better get on the phone to my sixth form and see if I can collect mine!
Reply 11
snoogy

They can check, can't they?
I mean if they know before you get your results in August (for people applying to enter that year), surely they can check. And they could easily verify with the sixth form/college.
amenhotep
They can check, can't they?
I mean if they know before you get your results in August (for people applying to enter that year), surely they can check. And they could easily verify with the sixth form/college.

I think if it's only certain types of grades that are passed on and only those awarded that year. Most just ask to see certificates because it's easier for them than chasing after your sixth form/college.
I have an unconditional and they have not mentioned A Level certificates yet (QMUL)
Reply 14
All three of my unconditionals require my certificates. It seems standard. Not really a problem is it? :smile:
Reply 15
ThisModernLove
Excuse my ignorance but I have an unconditional offer and in the conditions it says I need to provide verification of my results. Is this the usual procedure?

Yep usual procedure.
I have to provide verification of my English result
polka_dott
I have an unconditional and they have not mentioned A Level certificates yet (QMUL)

You're meant to bring them to induction day in the Octagon when you bring all your student finance stuff and blah blah.

But that's not for aggggges.
Reply 17
Notker
I went to Aarhus for my BA.

Really? Are you Danish?
Reply 18
Notker

The LSE still haven't asked me to verify my results, or prove that my remark actually raised my grade.

I'm guessing it might happen once I enrol.
Reply 19
So far I've got two unconditional offers, both of which don't have any set conditions and don't ask for my results....it would make sense to see the proof? Wonder why they haven't asked...

Latest

Trending

Trending