The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 1
NormalBloke
Who thinks its worth goin to the Orientation week that starts on the 5th of Sept? Anyone plannin to attend it?

:eek: what do u do??
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Annik
:eek: what do u do??

Some friends told me that orientation was like a pre fresher's week. Apparently u attend some foolish and useless talks, get to meet lots of other ppl and get smashed in a different club every night (mmmh, sounds temptin... :rolleyes: ).
:biggrin:
Reply 3
Is that for Manchester or MMU?
Reply 4
NormalBloke
Some friends told me that orientation was like a pre fresher's week. Apparently u attend some foolish and useless talks, get to meet lots of other ppl and get smashed in a different club every night (mmmh, sounds temptin... :rolleyes: ).
:biggrin:

OOOOH I WANNA GO!!!!!! :biggrin:
*remembers that i probs won't actually be going to manchester university.....*
Reply 5
hmm alex.. i think it might b for international students only.. dammit!!
Reply 6
Annik
hmm alex.. i think it might b for international students only.. dammit!!

Yea I know but I was wonderin if we could crash in and hav a bit of fun! :biggrin:
The main problem might b accomodation, i doubt we will hav our keys by the 5th of Sept... :mad:
Reply 7
B2086
Is that for Manchester or MMU?

Sorry, Im talkin about Manchester Uni of course ! :wink:
Reply 8
NormalBloke
Yea I know but I was wonderin if we could crash in and hav a bit of fun! :biggrin:
The main problem might b accomodation, i doubt we will hav our keys by the 5th of Sept... :mad:

hmmm.. lets sleep on the grass??!! yay..we could camp!! ill gatecrash even if i dont get in :biggrin:
Reply 9
Annik
hmmm.. lets sleep on the grass??!! yay..we could camp!! ill gatecrash even if i dont get in :biggrin:

Lol !!! Maybe the Internatinal Society offers beds for orientation period, but we will hav to convince them that we r non Europeans somehow? :confused: :wink:
Reply 10
NormalBloke
Lol !!! Maybe the Internatinal Society offers beds for orientation period, but we will hav to convince them that we r non Europeans somehow? :confused: :wink:

well im indian looking so ill put on an indian accent and pretend ive come from delhi... and u can talk french :p:
Reply 11
Annik
well im indian looking so ill put on an indian accent and pretend ive come from delhi... and u can talk french :p:

Damn but Iv got a European face and itl b hard for me to pretend im chineese or indian... And ppl comin from european countries r considered like home students :mad:
I think wel have to bribe someone instead :biggrin:
Reply 12
NormalBloke
Damn but Iv got a European face and itl b hard for me to pretend im chineese or indian... And ppl comin from european countries r considered like home students :mad:
I think wel have to bribe someone instead :biggrin:

don't worry - Ill paint your face brown and we can pretend we're siblings :biggrin:
Reply 13
Annik
don't worry - Ill paint your face brown and we can pretend we're siblings :biggrin:

Haha very imaginativ of u... :p:
So when r u "really comin" then: 18th, earlier, or maybe u wanna giv orientation a shot? :smile:
Reply 14
NormalBloke
Haha very imaginativ of u... :p:
So when r u "really comin" then: 18th, earlier, or maybe u wanna giv orientation a shot? :smile:

IF I GET IN.. IF!!! I'll probs come on the 18th, i think.. i think the week before, id wanna stay in sheffield and say bye to people :frown:
Reply 15
Im gona come on 15th I think...as it says we're alowed...gona be first one there..open me flat..ahhh settle in nicely...I'll be bombing down (west) M62 that thursday morning..yeeeeeeyyy...I canne wait

although Ive got a maths exam on the 3rd day or something..doh..engineering may suck at times but it'll be fun...im just giddy already..I finish my gap year work placement this friday, then a week on wednesday Im off on a 6 week holiday in turkey..the im back on 10th sept all brown and tanned and turkish looking...then 5 days in sunny donny...then its uni... :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 16
hey guys you have the dates mixed up.orientation starts on the 11th.they are free for international(non-eu) students, but eu students can come at a low cost.it runs for a week b4 freshers week and is supposed to be rather useful, especially if your out of town and need help with the basics. Im a international student but am arriving only halfway through it, on the 13th. They put ya up at Owens Park till the friday(16th?) and all meals come with the fee you pay.do come, it'll be fun!
Reply 17
Yeah they stick you in Owens Park and there are lectures there all day on stuff like "How to open a bank account in England". I went last year but it wasn't that helpful, but I'd already lived in England. But you do get to meet loads of people (who you never see again, but hey)
Mainly it's like a week long pre freshers week party, but full of international students.
Reply 18
Bump.
C'mon. International students...who will be going?

Latest

Trending

Trending