Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Forum seniority

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Edit: This thread is just for fun and is not meant to be taken seriously

Due to the problems with the current postcount system i have deviced a simple new system based on rep, postcounts and joining date to work out peoples true seniority on the forum.

Your seniority rating =
    + 1 for every full month since you joined
    + 1 for evey 1000 posts
    + 1 for every gem of rep

so mine is 4 + 1 + 3

Note this system only gives a vauge idea of who is more senior, and dosn't take into account the actual contents of people posts but i thought it might be interwsting - here is the seniority rating of the tope page of members:

So in order of seniority, then alphabetically:

Adhsur 15
    elpaw 13
    ickle_katy 13
    Ollie 13
    Mr White 12
    Iluvatar 11
    lou p lou 11
    Xenon 11
    Leekey 10
    Egan1 9
    Expression 9
    Lord Huntroyde 9
    a_musical_gal 8
    Bigcnee 8
    edders 8
    loftx 8
    Bhaal85 7
    eric bischoff 7
    Infinity 7
    Pencil Queen 7
    vienna95 7
    ZJuwelH 7
    2776 6
    Blamps 6
    gemgems89 6
    theone 6
    Anna 5
    curryADD 5
    Sire 2

Feel free to work out your own and add it below
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, good job.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Due to the problems with the current postcount system i have deviced a simple new system based on rep, postcounts and joining date to work out peoples true seniority on the forum.

Your seniority rating =
    + 1 for evey 1000 posts
    + 1 for every gem of rep

so mine is 4 + 1 + 3

Note this system only gives a vauge idea of who is more senior, and dosn't take into account the actual contents of people posts but i thought it might be interwsting - here is the seniority rating of the tope page of members:

Adhsur 15
    elpaw 13
    ickle_katy 13
    Ollie 13
    Mr White 12
    Iluvatar 11
    lou p lou 11
    Xenon 11
    Leekey 10
    Egan1 9
    Expression 9
    Lord Huntroyde 9
    a_musical_gal 8
    Bigcnee 8
    edders 8
    loftx 8
    Bhaal85 7
    eric bischoff 7
    Infinity 7
    Pencil Queen 7
    vienna95 7
    ZJuwelH 7
    2776 6
    Blamps 6
    gemgems89 6
    theone 6
    Anna 5
    curryADD 5
    Sire 2

Yes, but it all amounts to time when you have been here. I eman lets see some random people, they might be here for like 12 months but havnt done anything. So I think yuou should rethink the system
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Yes, but it all amounts to time when you have been here. I eman lets see some random people, they might be here for like 12 months but havnt done anything. So I think yuou should rethink the system
    Notice phil is not on the list - members who have been inactive for a certain period don't get counted - everyone else is still a regular member.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)

Your seniority rating =
    + 1 for evey 1000 posts
    + 1 for every gem of rep

so mine is 4 + 1 + 3

Adhsur 15
    elpaw 13
    ickle_katy 13
    Ollie 13
    Mr White 12
    Iluvatar 11
    lou p lou 11
    Xenon 11
    Leekey 10
    Egan1 9
    Expression 9
    Lord Huntroyde 9
    a_musical_gal 8
    Bigcnee 8
    edders 8
    loftx 8
    Bhaal85 7
    eric bischoff 7
    Infinity 7
    Pencil Queen 7
    vienna95 7
    ZJuwelH 7
    2776 6
    Blamps 6
    gemgems89 6
    theone 6
    Anna 5
    curryADD 5
    Sire 2

Nicely done. A lot of effort must have been put into that!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    precisely

i'll think of my own system...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to rise to 14, about to get another gem (unless someone is particularly evil and gives me bad rep)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Notice phil is not on the list - members who have been inactive for a certain period don't get counted - everyone else is still a regular member.
    ahhhh, well it cant be perfect. Though you have done a bloody good job. How long did it take you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    The problem is I don't think there will ever be a system that will please everyone, I look at forum age as the main point of seniority, but at the same time have respect for people like Sire and snow white who haven't been here that long, it's preference plain and simple.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    I'm about to rise to 14, about to get another gem (unless someone is particularly evil and gives me bad rep)
    interesting idea...feeling very evil today...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    I think it's as fair a system as can be devised.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    I think it's as fair a system as can be devised.
    cant please everyone.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    ahhhh, well it cant be perfect. Though you have done a bloody good job. How long did it take you?
    Not long maybe 10 mins or so - the maths is pretty easy due to the way i chose the criteria. It would be easy to write a program that did it for every member though and you could alter the weight so how long you've been here mattered less.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Theres a lot of people who should be about mid way up that list that are still active. I guess you just didnt include everyone?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_)
    Theres a lot of people who should be about mid way up that list that are still active. I guess you just didnt include everyone?
    Sadly no - I would liked to have done a lot more - but it takes quite a while - please feel free to post your own below and i will add it to the main list.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    How about:

Seniority = entire months since joining + (post count/200) + (10 * hours spent on UKL in last week) + (10 * number of rep gems)

Of course the 200 and 10 used to multiply or divide may be varied to be as accurate as possible (but kept constant throughout use).

So this takes into account:
    Experience on UKL
    Post count
    Amount of activity
    Hours spent online in last week might be hard to find, I guess.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_)
    not enough time
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    *knocks evil little devil off shoulder*
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    How about:

Seniority = entire months since joining + (post count/200) + (10 * hours spent on UKL in last week) + (10 * number of rep gems)

Of course the 200 and 10 used to multiply or divide may be varied to be as accurate as possible (but kept constant throughout use).

So this takes into account:
    Experience on UKL
    Post count
    Amount of activity
    Hours spent online in last week might be hard to find, I guess.
    I think more credit needs to be given to entire months since joining, although I agree post count should be worth a bit more than time since joining.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    **laughs evilly**

ah ****, i've given too much rep out in the last day
Updated: December 22, 2003
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.